Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berger discontinued the 100 gr Target bullet. Better stock up if you shoot em.

November 8, 2012

Bullets to be Discontinued

Filed under: Announcements — Michelle Gallagher @ 8:06 am

As the election season draws to a close, we are already hearing about increased orders on both firearms and components. In preparation for the coming months, we are discontinuing several of our slow moving bullets. This will give us more room for quicker production on faster moving bullets and new releases, ensuring that you receive your bullets as quickly as possible. Also, this will give us the ability to move forward on several new bullet designs that will give you better options for your desired application.

All existing orders for these bullets will be filled. Any additional orders must be placed by Nov 16, 2012. These bullets will no longer be available after Nov 16th.

Part Number Description
    17 Cal
    17304 17 CAL 20 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT
    17310 17 CAL 30 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT
    17407 17 CAL 25 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    20 Cal
    20302 20 CAL 30 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT
    20305 20 CAL 50 GRAIN MATCH BT VARMINT
    22 Cal
    22301 22 CAL 30 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT22307 22 CAL 50 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT
    22426 22 CAL 90 GRAIN MATCH BT TARGET
    6mm
    24301 6MM 60 GRAIN MATCH FB VARMINT
    24405 6MM 65 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    24432 6MM 100 GRAIN MATCH BT TARGET
    25 Cal
    25407 25 CAL 87 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    25413 25 CAL 115 GRAIN MATCH VLD TARGET
    6.5mm
    26408 6.5MM 100 GRAIN MATCH BT TARGET
    7mm
    28404 7MM 180 GR MATCH BT TARGET
    28408 7MM 175 GRAIN MATCH XLD TARGET
    30 Cal
    30401 30 CAL 110 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    30403 30 CAL 125 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    30405 30 CAL 135 GRAIN MATCH FB TARGET
    30411 30 CAL 168 GRAIN MATCH BT TARGET
    30414 30 CAL 190 GRAIN MATCH VLD TARGET

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments, and thank you for your continued support!

Michelle Gallagher

NRA Life
    ASSRA Life
    DRSS

Comment

• LRRPF52, do you have a 142g Sierra Match King, a 130g Sierra Game King, or a 130g Norma Diamond Line? I can't remember which ones you needed for your composite. Let me know which ones you need and I'll get them out in the mail.

Comment

• I do have the 142gr SMK.

I don't have the 130gr Sierra Game King or the 130gr Norma Diamond. I could use those right away.

Comment

• I now have the 130gr Sierra Game King and 130gr Norma Diamond, thanks to Bwild97. I will update the photo.

Comment

• Just added some updates to reflect the 123gr SST, 129gr Nosler Accubond Long-Range, 130gr Sierra Game King HPBT, and 130gr Norma Diamond. I am in the process of taking some better photos, with lighting and backdrop.

Looking forward to getting samples of the 123gr SST, & 129gr Nosler AB-LR. Thanks again for everyone's help with this. I couldn't have done it without the help from our great forum members, moderators, administrator, and the bullet companies, of course. If anyone has any of the projectiles on the list that I don't have, please contact me if you are willing to send a sample. You guys have been awesome so far.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice collection going there!
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Hunting Projectiles

Target Projectiles

Comment

• Updated with new bullets (all updates will be in the original post):

100gr Cutting Edge Bullets Raptor System
                  123gr Hornady SST
                  127gr Barnes LRX
                  135gr Lapua Scenar-L

BC for 110 GS Custom HP .464

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Great work LRRPF52.

I note some of the BC's use different drag calculations.
                    e.g G1, G7 etc.

What's the significance compared to others that have just the BC.

I'm sure many of the people are looking at bullets with a high BC so it makes it tricky to select unless they stick with the tried and true Sierra matchking, Amaxx and Scenar.

Comment

• The G1 BC drag models are historically really more appropriate for a flat-based bullet. The G7 drag model is for a boat-tailed bullet, so for longer ranges, you're better off leaning on the G7 drag model for the bullet you're using.

Brian Litz's work on this is a great reference, which is why I really like the Berger Ballistics program if using drag models. Other than that, Lapua's Quick Target Unlimited is the one to beat in conjunction with their Scenars, because they have shot them on a doppler radar track, so you will have predictive, exact Point Of Impact data once you know your velocity and conditions.

Comment

• Hey, I just got mt 100gr nosler ballistic tip bullets in from shooters pro shop and I noticed its listed as a varmint bullet here although the box says is a hunting bullet for deer and antelope.

Comment

• do you want a 110 grn gs custom bullet? i know for a fact that they work great in my grendel when i line up 3 little piggies and get em all with one shot!

Comment

• I tried to pm lrrpf52 and his mailbox is full. send me an address and i'll get the bullets mailed. thanks

Comment

• explorecaves

I don't see the Hornady 140gr SST.
                              Ballistic Coefficient (G1) 0.520
                              Sectional Density 0.287

I recently picked up a box by mistake (in the pile of 129 SST boxes) so will give them a try one of these days.

Edit: never mind. Found them in the Dropbox link....
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-18-2013, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruger View Post
                                PPU also makes a 120 grain FMJBT that is not expensive and they shoot good, available from Graf
                                What powder/ charge were you using. I just looked those up and I might just try them out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X