Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone who can help with some more adept computer-fu skills and make a chart with columns and rows, so we can see the BC's lined up?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for the list/chart? I added the 120gr barnes Tipped TSX. I purposely left it off because I had heard it took up a ton of space in the Grendel at AR15 COAL, but if people are having success with it, it should be on the list. I know the Hornady GMX is way too long to load in the Grendel for my tastes. Same reason I didn't include the new Barnes 127gr LRX. I looked at it at SHOT, and it is long-clearly meant for the .260 Rem, 6.5 Swede, Creedmoor, .264 Win, etc.

Comment

Take a look at the bonded core bullets at http://matrixballistics.com/.264-Cal...e-bullets.html as an addition.

Comment

I'm still working on the loads, but I'm getting some decent velocities on the 120 gr TTSX with CFE223. I've just chronographed them, but haven't taken them to the range to try the various loads. I had some decent results with leverevolution also. I'll have to look at the 127 gr LRX now that you've mentioned it, because I'm going to be working up some Creedmoor loads too, for Mouflon sheep, and that might be a good bullet, especially with the BC of .468. Thanks for pointing it out. I thought at first it might be the tungsten core bullet, but it is 100 percent guilding metal so with the increased boattail it has to be longer and take up more case capacity than the 120, which is a challenge to find a good powder for.

This list is great.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

PPU also makes a 120 grain FMJBT that is not expensive and they shoot good, available from Graf

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ruger View Post
            PPU also makes a 120 grain FMJBT that is not expensive and they shoot good, available from Graf
            ? I'm aware of the 6.5mm 120 grain "MPT" ("Multi Purpose Tactical") projectile which is a HPBT, but I haven't seen a FMJBT projectile like that from them. I do see a 139 gr. FMJBT though.
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

The PPU 120gr MPT is on the list.

Anyone up for helping with the chart? I guess I could just do it in Excel, but posting charts on here has proven difficult for me in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                The PPU 120gr MPT is on the list.

Anyone up for helping with the chart? I guess I could just do it in Excel, but posting charts on here has proven difficult for me in the past.
                I copied your list into EXCEL, did some sorting by BC and type(hunting/target/varmint), anyone know how to post it here? I tried but ????? no go.

Comment

I didn't see the Norma GT in your list, 130gn (SD.267) (BC.548)
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working a comprehensive list. Will try to pull everything added here and elsewhere and get something posted. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                      I copied your list into EXCEL, did some sorting by BC and type(hunting/target/varmint), anyone know how to post it here? I tried but ????? no go.
                      Highlight the parts of the file you want to post. You should be able to export them as a PDF using the 'selected' option. Convert to them to JPEG or other forum-friendly format. (I don't have EXCEL but OpenOffice lets me do that.)

After that, uploading as a graphic should be very much the same as you did for your avatar and signature block.

Comment

Mods. Can we make this a sticky for the reloading section?

Comment

• rickOshay
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                          Working a comprehensive list. Will try to pull everything added here and elsewhere and get something posted. Stay tuned.
                          Have you tried taking a screen capture of your Excel window? Or you could email the spreadsheet to me and I'll be happy to convert and post.

Comment

• rickOshay
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2012

What does the horde think of using a public FTP site like Dropbox? We could all contribute to a common spreadsheet.

I would be happy to give space on my site, or does this group want to create one (they're free for 20mb)?

Here is a test of a small portion of the data from the other thread. I know some of you have big spreadsheets already. Would be nice to add the barrel length and velocities.

Would some of you mind seeing if you can access and modify this sheet?

Comment

• OLd Man
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2012

I like the dropbox idea you can sort it and get a good picture.

Comment

How do we prevent malicious or ill-informed tinkering with the data?

Comment

Working...
                                X