• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Grass Roots

I'm starting this thread to evaluate interest and discussion on how to form a pro 2nd Amendment defense local group.
    Unlike the NRA, the group I would like to join would have group firearm training on how to protect ourselves in the event of anarchy, lawlessness, riots, civil unrest, looting, tyranny, and how to protect our neighborhoods.

What would you like to see as it's mission statement?
    What core values and standards would you like to see as a founding creed?
    What kind of organization structure do you think would be needed?
    What legal precautions should be incorporated?
    What firearms training would you like to have practiced?
    Got a cool name for the group?

As a example of what has worked in the past as far a grass root organizations go check out this link. https://www.teapartypatriots.org/archive/get-started/

If something like this exists elsewhere, post it. I'd hate to reinvent the wheellock!
    Last edited by Lemonaid; 12-29-2020, 08:04 PM.
  • Wethepeople
    Warrior
    • Jan 2020

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but close. Ammon Bundy has helped to launch a national organization, down to the local level, called Peoplesrights. Rather than regurgitating all the information contained on the website, you can visit Peoplesrights.org
    For disclosure, I am a registered member. We held our first meet and greet for area 9 in Colorado a little over a week ago. I passed out flyers for our local range and local shooting clubs where firearms training can be obtained for the 13 participants who showed up. We are currently focused on growing our numbers. Take a peek, see what you think. Neighbors helping neighbors.

Comment

• Lemonaid
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

Wethepeople, I looked at the site and liked what I saw. Can you tell me more about Peoplesrights looking from the inside? A short version of what to expect after you join? What kind of activities have you done?

Comment

• Wethepeople
        Warrior
        • Jan 2020

Lemonaid, in our first area meeting, it was apparent this group isn't interested in just holding meetings. We are currently working to identify where and what actionable responses can be taken. There are certainly no shortages of gov't or private entities stomping on people's rights.
        Like I stated, we just started getting to know one another, building trust and figuring out where to go from here.
        My initial impression is peoplesrights State and Area Assistants will determine how effective each local chapter is. Strong leadership is going to be key. State and Area Assistants are in a unique position to setup events and set the agenda for their specific State and Areas. I know my State Reps are actively seeking more area assistants.
        I would encourage you, or anyone else, to register on the site and use the communication tools provided to contact your State and Area Assistants , introduce yourself and find out what's going on in your specific region. There are also short vids on the site explaining the roles of State and Area Assistants for those interested.
        I wish I could tell you more but the organization is only in its infancy. Though I have been told, some areas have as many as 800 members already.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Lemonaid
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

LRRPF52, your words of caution are noted and given weight. The choices look bad, depend on your neighbors you don't know if they will or can work together with no training or organization, framework or support against a trained unit like the ATF (If things go way bad) or Join some group that will make you a target for the same treatment you want to prevent.
              Can you think of some vetting method to ease the mind that an organization is legit?
              Oh, might have a good idea. Call the group "Black Lives Matter" and you will be left alone, have media support, big Lib money given. Basically get out of jail free cards for all.
              Last edited by Lemonaid; 12-30-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Last edited by LRRPF52; 12-30-2020, 12:48 AM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Wethepeople
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2020

From my observation thus far, I think peoplesrights is organizing as a neighborhood watch group of sorts. That may be a good description.
                  LRRPF52 has stated many of the concerns you should be aware of. As a result of my own experience, those concerns can't be overstated.
                  I think this is the beauty of PRs. Neighbors aiding neighbors and networking with one another, without a hierarchy to speak of.

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Wethepeople View Post
                    From my observation thus far, I think peoplesrights is organizing as a neighborhood watch group of sorts. That may be a good description.
                    LRRPF52 has stated many of the concerns you should be aware of. As a result of my own experience, those concerns can't be overstated.
                    I think this is the beauty of PRs. Neighbors aiding neighbors and networking with one another, without a hierarchy to speak of.
                    WTP:

So, you are putting faith in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as certified by the United Nations? Didn't see anything about the right to self defense and we all know the intent of the UN when it comes to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The organization is HQ'd in Cameroon?

Americans are joining an organization whose foundation is based on UN speak, and whose leadership is located in a country whose government is the same type that we overthrew with our Revolution?

Do I have the right organization?

LR-55

Comment

• Wethepeople
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2020

LR55, I don't put faith in the UN or its declarations and wouldn't knowingly belong to a group that does.
                      As far as I know, the organization was launched from Idaho and has no relationship to the organization in Cameroon you reference. I will speak to my State and Area assistants to find out specifically if what you asked is factual. I do know one of the area assistants here has spoken to Ammon Bundy directly before he became involved, is a "Constitutional Lawyer" according to his statements at our initial meet and greet. I would feel awful foolish if I am being duped.
                      I am certain about one thing, every person in the room supported the right to self defense, the 2A and several veterans were in attendance.
                      You could always gain access to the site and see for yourself. There are communication tools on the site to contact State and Area Assistants. I will perform additional due diligence on my own to see if there is any affiliation with the UN or group headquartered in Cameroon, though I find it unlikely to be the same organization.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Wethepeople View Post
                        LR55, I don't put faith in the UN or its declarations and wouldn't knowingly belong to a group that does.
                        As far as I know, the organization was launched from Idaho and has no relationship to the organization in Cameroon you reference. I will speak to my State and Area assistants to find out specifically if what you asked is factual. I do know one of the area assistants here has spoken to Ammon Bundy directly before he became involved, is a "Constitutional Lawyer" according to his statements at our initial meet and greet. I would feel awful foolish if I am being duped.
                        I am certain about one thing, every person in the room supported the right to self defense, the 2A and several veterans were in attendance.
                        You could always gain access to the site and see for yourself. There are communication tools on the site to contact State and Area Assistants. I will perform additional due diligence on my own to see if there is any affiliation with the UN or group headquartered in Cameroon, though I find it unlikely to be the same organization.
                        WTP:

Just a note that if someone on the forum searches under 'Peoplesrights' they will be linked to the one HQ'd in Cameroon and that uses the UN declarations as their foundation.

So, is Ammon related to Ted by any chance? He, he.

Oh yes, if your organization does stage a protest or march, you will be violently attacked by BLM and ANTIFA. Just saying.

LR55

Comment

• Wethepeople
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2020

As long as people go to peoplesrights.org, they will go to the right website. You will see a link or a message to text "rights" to 80123 if my memory serves. That will get you an access code to enter the full site.
                          No marches or protests are scheduled to my knowledge. It's more like a rapid response team to challenge control freaks attempting to violate the rights of others. I live in a predominantly conservative district. One thing we discussed was the position our County Sheriff holds with regard to 2A sanctuary status and red flag laws. He seems to be a decent Sheriff in that regard but may need his feet held to the fire from time to time.
                          Took me a minute to catch the Ted Bundy reference. I'm pretty sure Ted won't be attending any meetings any time soon, even if he was related. LOL.
                          BLM/Antifa would be making a huge mistake if they attack anyone participating in a legal march or protest in this neck of the woods.

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

That other website from Cameroon is peoplerights... ie, singular "people", whereas WTP's site is plural. Both are .org.
                            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Wethepeople
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2020

Thanks grayfox. Not being familiar with the other site, appreciate the catch. We're a collective of like minded neighbors trying to help one another. I'm certain the organization will be demonized by the press and other commies.

Comment

Working...
                              X