Clear All
  • PA_Allen
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

100 TTSX + 30gr XBR-8208 =

2793 fps out of my 20" barrel.
    Seems like a nice combination.
    Details:
    Lapua brass, Rem 7.5 primers, 30 gr 8208, 100 TTSX. This velocity indicates a max load, so please use proper precautions and work up for your own rifle.
    Only got to fire a couple of 3 shot groups from prone, but accuracy looks to be at least MOA. This looks to be a good alternative to my 30 gr H335 load for those that prefer an extruded powder.
    Hope some find this useful.
    Best,
    PA

Are you looking at Optimum Barrel Time for tightening up the group? The solids have a totally different start pressure dynamic as they are driven into the lands, which I learned the hard way this winter, although I only blew primers out of a .260 AR10 running GMX's at insane pressures. I won't even say what velocity I was at, because it would distract from this.

What kind of Extreme Spread did you see with this load? I think that is one of the first indicators, especially with a gas gun.

That load will give you 900ft-lbs out to 325yds.

With a 200yd zero, you're looking at 5.3" of drop at 275yds, and you're within 1.6" of height out to 200yds. Wind drift at 325yds is 11" with a 10mph full value. Looks like a nice load.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

That's the same charge I use for 100 NBT & 100 Amax and I get similar velocities.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• PA_Allen
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Are you looking at Optimum Barrel Time for tightening up the group?
        LR thanks for you good questions. I have not looked at OBT but I would be thrilled if someone ran the numbers. I simply loaded these to 2.26" OCL. The Grendel has made me lazy....most anything shoots good, but I'm sure some loads could be tweaked to be outstanding.
        The extreme spread was 15.6 for the first three shots and 7.8 for the next three shot string.
        I have been hunting the past 2 years with the 100 TTSX pushed to esentially the same velocity with 30gr of H335, so I have no doubts concerning the terminal effectiveness of the load.

TX, thanks for the feedback concerning your velocities. It's nice to know someone else is getting similar results.

Best,
        PA

Comment

Working...
        X