Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new Barnes 6.5mm 127gr LRX bullet

Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    Takes up a lot of case capacity. Maybe rickoshay can measure one for length and report back.
    I did measure them and posted the length with most of the other projos on the list at:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0April2013.pdf

LRRPF52
    Sorry-I should have known that. So it looks like it's as long as a 130gr Berger VLD, which is a long bullet.

Game C 84, did those big game kills come from a Grendel round loaded w/ the 127 gr.? Doubtful., Proof?

Gamecock84
    It's Gamecock84.

Try using google.

Here is one to start:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...9779&light=elk

Mark Larues elk is one of the most famous kills. The 127gr LRX is such a new round I haven't heard of it being used but the 120gr TTSX Barnes has taken many a game animal. The 7gr difference even in a shorter barrel would not equate to inefficient expansion for a good kill. Hell that first kill on the link was from only 50yds with a nosler 123gr. I think it did the job.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Gamecock84; 05-24-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Hmmmmm, good call.
    Relax. I was only after some data. Only have a bullet or 2 here 120TTSX that failed to expand properly-mailed to me.=Too heavy for the mono units.. been there done that.
    Thanks, enjoy Memorial Day wknd.
    Remember the fallen soldiers. I like to thank the soldiers that may still be serving-or are in retirement-or still helping out across the world.
    LRRPF52 comes to mind first & foremost. Stanc is one more=plus many others on here- stay safe.