Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseytheoutlawwales

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    One of the most important things to me is gear tracking, and positive click feel, as well as zero-stop. Of course we want good glass quality, and tube construction. Vortex has all of these, with a lifetime, fully-transferable, no questions asked warranty.

They also have matching turrets & reticles, in MOA or MIL per your preference, as well as the choice between FFP and SFP, and side focus on the PST models.
    LRRPF52, not to hijack a thread, but regarding two scopes... the first you mentioned as the Midway USA version Vortex Viper. I was checking it out and it seems like a great quality optic. Have you perchance had the opportunity to actually use it?

And secondly, what is your experience with Hawke Optics? And more specifically what do you think of the Sidewinder Tactical 30?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Just looking at the Hawke Optics pages, their tactical line shows that they are still using Mil reticles with .25 MOA clicks, and I see no indication of a zero-stop feature.

I can't over-emphasize how important it is to have a zero-stop feature if you are dialing elevation on your scope. It is a night and day game-changer for me, since you can get lost in the turrets, unless you have turrets with 1 turn = 12 Mils, like S&B, and they still have zero-stop. I have not put my hands on a Hawke SW Tactical 30.

I'll be able to tell you how the Midway Vortex Viper HS pans out next week, when I get my hands on one. Since Vortex is making it, my confidence and expectations are pretty high for the price point.

Comment

Working...
      X