Thread: Hi from Florida

NoSweat88

Hi from Florida

Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I'm here because, after months of research and flip flopping like a politician, I've decided that 6.5 will be the ultimate caliber for the AR of my dreams. Soooooo, why not go where the rest of the gang hangs out?

I currently live in South Florida (born a Floridian and I HATE it here ) and can't wait to get out....tried several times but always ended up back here for various reasons.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks for having me.

NoSweat88
    Last edited by NoSweat88; 03-23-2012 at 11:35 PM.

With a title of "No Sweat", I could possibly see why you wouldn't like Florida humidity?LOL

Welcome aboard!

LRRPF52
    Welcome. Florida is one of the three States I have not been to, along with Nebraska & North Dakota.

Hey, NS88, great to have ya! You wanna come and try Minnesota winters? Actually, this year's winter was so mild Al Gore would be smilinig all the way to the bank.

John

Whelenon
    Welcome.

stokesrj
    Welcome, from a fellow Floridian. Where in South Florida? I have a couple do friends in Pembroke Springs. I live in the Tampa Bay area. But shoot a lot of matches at Port Malabar.
    Bob

jgillaspy
    Welcome to the addiction!

JG

Howdy!

leopard6.5
    NoSweat88: Yea, you have to love the six month sauna we get each year and while we're in the sauna we have a target painted on our backs so the hurricanes will know where to hit.

Oh well, there are a lot worse places to be in the world.

Welcome to the Horde and enjoy the forum.

Lee

biggdawg
    welcome aboard from iowa

vanguard138
    Spent a little over 20 years in the Palm Beach County area and then some time in North Florida around Lake City. Worked for the VA. There is about 3-4 months that are awesome though Retired back home in Northern Michigan although I still have some land in North Florida near Keaton Beach (for sale). I took a position in North Florida with the VA after being in that State to the south of me for several years with the VA and we had three hurricanes in a row in a row. Someone was trying to tell me something.

Welcome!!

NoSweat88
    Palm Beach county. The USAs Fantasy Island!

Hey No Sweat - I did time in FL too, about 20 yrs. Am so happy to be in So Cal now - except for the gun laws. My daughter is still in FL and it burns me that she can get a CCW and I can't.

I do get to FL for business, and had a chance to hunt hogs near Talli a few weeks ago. Building a Grendel to take back there in May.

Grimmy
    Welcome to the 6.5!

Quote Originally Posted by rickOshay View Post
    Hey No Sweat - I did time in FL too, about 20 yrs. Am so happy to be in So Cal now - except for the gun laws. My daughter is still in FL and it burns me that she can get a CCW and I can't.

I do get to FL for business, and had a chance to hunt hogs near Talli a few weeks ago. Building a Grendel to take back there in May.
    There is a way you can fix that... move to a free state!

Quote Originally Posted by txgunner00 View Post
    There is a way you can fix that... move to a free state!
    I was hoping to draw a line below Los Angeles and annex So Cal into AZ ! Hard to beat the weather here.

LRRPF52
    I'm from Southern CA, and I resist even going back to visit my hometown, which has been overrun with Section 8 and illegals. You can only drive with your firearm in a locked compartment separate from the ammo, while the thugs roam freely with their blasters at the ready. That is a place where you actually need concealed carry more than I ever will here, but I can't legally do it in my home State.

Maybe San Andreas will clean things up...

phillaf
    Welcome aboard.