+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Habanero/shooting training

Habanero/shooting training

I know this sounds really silly, but if you are looking for a good physical stress shooting test eat a habanero. I know it sounds crazy but when you eat that pepper you have about 10 seconds till your brain goes into complete panic mode. Trust me it works, it is really hard to focus on good shooting technics when all you can think about is milk.

I like this idea, really. That is the right answer in my book. Anything to induce real stress that doesn't involve permanent injury.

LOL! Gives a new meaning to pepper poppers.

Heehee! Good idea! I might have to try that too.

Marksmanship Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zssc7 View Post
    I know this sounds really silly, but if you are looking for a good physical stress shooting test eat a habanero. I know it sounds crazy but when you eat that pepper you have about 10 seconds till your brain goes into complete panic mode. Trust me it works, it is really hard to focus on good shooting technics when all you can think about is milk.
    Z7:

Here is a better one. Eat the stuff and drink a bunch of milk. Then eat more and when you are about ready to both shit and vomit, then do your shooting.

What 'shooting techniques' would you focus on?

LR1955

WARNING! these techniques could result in indirect scatterfire, either from your rifle or your posterior! Better wear a depends!

Quote Originally Posted by LR1955 View Post
    Z7:

Here is a better one. Eat the stuff and drink a bunch of milk. Then eat more and when you are about ready to both shit and vomit, then do your shooting.

What 'shooting techniques' would you focus on?

LR1955
    (LOL) Dangit Gene, We aren't supposed to dissect this until the first attempt reports are already rolling in. Hopefully with pics of teary faces.LOL!!!

This requires video. I'm going to use it for my next CCW course, maybe during a night fire. Might even inject some hot sauce into the pepper just for good measure.

Warrior
    Maybe put some hot sauce in you eyes, spray your face with bear repellent, then smear your privates with vicks rub. Then see how well you shoot. Maybe save just 1 bullet-for yourself.

scan0016.jpgscan0017.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of me in security force school. One of the final evals was getting sprayed with OC (military grade pepper spray/the fires of hell in a bottle) and running a course where you had to demonstrate proficiency in all the skills you learned. The instructor watching me in the second pic was a BAD MOFO if you messed up he would step up the difficulty and intensity until you got it right.

This would be great training for precision shooting. If you could endure this and still get shots on target you would be ready for anything.

+ Reply to Thread