Habanero/shooting training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habanero/shooting training

I know this sounds really silly, but if you are looking for a good physical stress shooting test eat a habanero. I know it sounds crazy but when you eat that pepper you have about 10 seconds till your brain goes into complete panic mode. Trust me it works, it is really hard to focus on good shooting technics when all you can think about is milk.

I like this idea, really. That is the right answer in my book. Anything to induce real stress that doesn't involve permanent injury.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

LOL! Gives a new meaning to pepper poppers.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Heehee! Good idea! I might have to try that too.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zssc7 View Post
          I know this sounds really silly, but if you are looking for a good physical stress shooting test eat a habanero. I know it sounds crazy but when you eat that pepper you have about 10 seconds till your brain goes into complete panic mode. Trust me it works, it is really hard to focus on good shooting technics when all you can think about is milk.
          Z7:

Here is a better one. Eat the stuff and drink a bunch of milk. Then eat more and when you are about ready to both shit and vomit, then do your shooting.

What 'shooting techniques' would you focus on?

LR1955

Comment

WARNING! these techniques could result in indirect scatterfire, either from your rifle or your posterior! Better wear a depends!

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
              Z7:

Here is a better one. Eat the stuff and drink a bunch of milk. Then eat more and when you are about ready to both shit and vomit, then do your shooting.

What 'shooting techniques' would you focus on?

LR1955
              (LOL) Dangit Gene, We aren't supposed to dissect this until the first attempt reports are already rolling in. Hopefully with pics of teary faces.LOL!!!
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

This requires video. I'm going to use it for my next CCW course, maybe during a night fire. Might even inject some hot sauce into the pepper just for good measure.

Comment

Maybe put some hot sauce in you eyes, spray your face with bear repellent, then smear your privates with vicks rub. Then see how well you shoot. Maybe save just 1 bullet-for yourself.

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

scan0016.jpgscan0017.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of me in security force school. One of the final evals was getting sprayed with OC (military grade pepper spray/the fires of hell in a bottle) and running a course where you had to demonstrate proficiency in all the skills you learned. The instructor watching me in the second pic was a BAD MOFO if you messed up he would step up the difficulty and intensity until you got it right.

This would be great training for precision shooting. If you could endure this and still get shots on target you would be ready for anything.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

Talk about mental training!~!

Thanks for the posts -- am looking forward to reports of groups and symptoms.

I also hope the video doesn't make it to AFV!

Comment

• mtn_shooter

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1169[/ATTACH]

Here's a couple of pics of me in security force school. One of the final evals was getting sprayed with OC (military grade pepper spray/the fires of hell in a bottle) and running a course where you had to demonstrate proficiency in all the skills you learned. The instructor watching me in the second pic was a BAD MOFO if you messed up he would step up the difficulty and intensity until you got it right.

This would be great training for precision shooting. If you could endure this and still get shots on target you would be ready for anything.
                        Been there, done that. Didn't get sprayed there, but went through Security Forces training. I got sprayed a few weeks later when I arrived at 8th&I. What fun. FAST, PRP, or PSD?

Semper Fi

Comment

Hot topic

Comment

• Kikn
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2011

How about this for an added line of pressure....break out the errector sets kids....

Ok, first lets think about the clown dunking contest at the fair.....

Setup your range and have a trigger mechanism that will only dispense the life saving milk, if you hit your target successfully.

:-D

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mtn_shooter View Post
                              Been there, done that. Didn't get sprayed there, but went through Security Forces training. I got sprayed a few weeks later when I arrived at 8th&I. What fun. FAST, PRP, or PSD?

Semper Fi
                              We went through the school before we deployed to GTMO for guard duty. I was not in a fleet SF unit.

Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X