Long Range Shooting School and my Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wojo14 View Post
    I like the Troy alpha! What I'm visioning.
    Just need to mount up a bipod stud somehow!?
    If you only need something in a hurry to use in the class, why not just mount a sling swivel stud on what you have? I have a "box stock" DPMS Sportical with 16" barrel that a buddy of mine (gunsmith) mounted a swivel stud onto my existing underside. It is loc-tited and very solid. I shoot it quite often with a Harris bi-pod and it also is handy for slinging the rifle while coyote hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by wojo14 View Post
      I like the Troy alpha! What I'm visioning.
      Just need to mount up a bipod stud somehow!?
      The Troy Alpha rails are VERY nice (The VTAC Alpha rails are even nicer depending on what you're planning to do). You can just use one of the short rail sections that comes with the rail, and then get a bipod mount something like this:

I would still suggest doing something like what wiuprof posted above due to your short notice, though. Granted, you'd only really be changing the gas block, but there is nothing worse that showing up to a class with an untested gun that won't run for whatever reason. With only 2 weeks to work with you're going to be pressed for time to order parts, get them, install them and then test everything.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• MrDraco
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Hooz View Post
        and then get a bipod mount something like this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/145...aluminum-matte
        I have this same mount on my Grendel. One piece of advise, if you get this go to an automotive store and buy a bottle of blue loctite (do not buy the red). After 20-30 rounds the two screws attaching it backs out and needs tightening. I have a few of these on other AR's and my Grendel is the only one with this problem.

Comment

Working...
        X