+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what if ?....

Bloodstained

what if ?....

Iam very new to the grendel world, as well as to the ar15 world. I was wondering what, if any, extra parts or tools, or things would be good to have on hand in case "murphy" was to show up? Sorta like a range/shootin bag.

I should have my grendel this coming week an Iam really looking forward to puttin some rounds down range..

An extra extractor (or an extra entire bolt assembly).
    Drifter

Bloodstained
    Ammo.....
    How about a broken case extractor?

extra parts or tools, or things would be good to have on hand
    You would literally have tools "on hand" with this grip insert. http://www.mwgco.com/ar-15_accessori...MC-FST-A2.html

I agree with the bolt head, along with the various springs/detents. You could stow them in the compartment of a UBR stock.

Bloodstained
    that sure looks like a handy tool....

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    An extra extractor (or an extra entire bolt assembly).
    This. I've put thousands of rounds down range, and the only thing I've ever broke is an extractor so far. I use MIAD grips with spare bolt cores in them. If something breaks, swap it and drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus Dei View Post
    You would literally have tools "on hand" with this grip insert. http://www.mwgco.com/ar-15_accessori...MC-FST-A2.html

I agree with the bolt head, along with the various springs/detents. You could stow them in the compartment of a UBR stock.
    If only that tool was sized for the Grendel.LOL I don't think the brush and ruptured cartridge extractor would help you much.

I brought it up on the old board once and it never got much attention or any traction, but we could use a 6.5 Grendel ruptured case extractor. I haven't had a complete seperation yet, but I did have one Wolf Gold case seperate about a third of the way around once. While most people would never actually need one, if they made them they would sell. Plus the Wolf steel might actually get here some day....
    Last edited by Variable; 04-22-2012 at 04:37 AM.

If only that tool was sized for the Grendel.LOL I don't think the brush and ruptured cartridge extractor would help you much.
    Touche'!

But when/if one is made, it'd be simply a matter of swapping out the RCEs. And you could cut down a cheap Hoppe's .24-.26 caliber brush.

Warrior
    In my rifle case I have a number of spare parts, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, trigger/hammer pin, bolt rings, cam pin, hammer & triggers springs. I do need to get a spare bolt.

Bloodstained
    Thanks for all the info!...

+ Reply to Thread