what if ?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if ?....

Iam very new to the grendel world, as well as to the ar15 world. I was wondering what, if any, extra parts or tools, or things would be good to have on hand in case "murphy" was to show up? Sorta like a range/shootin bag.

I should have my grendel this coming week an Iam really looking forward to puttin some rounds down range..
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

An extra extractor (or an extra entire bolt assembly).
    Drifter

Comment

• 2ndAmendment

Ammo.....
      How about a broken case extractor?

Comment

extra parts or tools, or things would be good to have on hand
        You would literally have tools "on hand" with this grip insert. http://www.mwgco.com/ar-15_accessori...MC-FST-A2.html

I agree with the bolt head, along with the various springs/detents. You could stow them in the compartment of a UBR stock.

Comment

that sure looks like a handy tool....

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
            An extra extractor (or an extra entire bolt assembly).
            This. I've put thousands of rounds down range, and the only thing I've ever broke is an extractor so far. I use MIAD grips with spare bolt cores in them. If something breaks, swap it and drive on.
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Opus Dei View Post
              You would literally have tools "on hand" with this grip insert. http://www.mwgco.com/ar-15_accessori...MC-FST-A2.html

I agree with the bolt head, along with the various springs/detents. You could stow them in the compartment of a UBR stock.
              If only that tool was sized for the Grendel.LOL I don't think the brush and ruptured cartridge extractor would help you much.

I brought it up on the old board once and it never got much attention or any traction, but we could use a 6.5 Grendel ruptured case extractor. I haven't had a complete seperation yet, but I did have one Wolf Gold case seperate about a third of the way around once. While most people would never actually need one, if they made them they would sell. Plus the Wolf steel might actually get here some day....
              Last edited by Variable; 04-22-2012, 04:37 AM.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

If only that tool was sized for the Grendel.LOL I don't think the brush and ruptured cartridge extractor would help you much.
                Touche'!

But when/if one is made, it'd be simply a matter of swapping out the RCEs. And you could cut down a cheap Hoppe's .24-.26 caliber brush.

Comment

• rasp65
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

In my rifle case I have a number of spare parts, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, trigger/hammer pin, bolt rings, cam pin, hammer & triggers springs. I do need to get a spare bolt.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!...

Comment

Working...
                    X