+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RCBS 264 LBC dies same as 6.5 Grendel specs?

Vnemecek

RCBS 264 LBC dies same as 6.5 Grendel specs?

I'am looking to purchase a set of RCBS dies for my 6.5 Grendel. Thanks! John

First, welcome here, good to have ya! Not sure of the answer to your question, but the 264 LBC chamber keeps the same case dimensions, so I'd be surprised if the dies mattered. Just a guess, though.

John

muttdog
    I was wondering the same thing. I am having serious issues with my Hornady dies. I can eject factory ammo , but not handloads from my Hornady dies. Im thinking that they are out of spec just a tad. ill be keeping up with this post to see if anyone else chimes in.

GLShooter
    The dies are the same. I use Reddings or a set of Hornady.

As to not being able to eject ammo if you mean loaded rounds you probably need to bump the shoulders back another 0.002 or so. That rears it's ugly head a bunch.

Greg

So the RCBS .264 LBC-AR SB T/C Die set will work for the Grendel cartridge?

Warrior
    I bought a set and they seem good to me. I have used them with 6.5 Grendel AA (Lapua) brass, so far so good.

Marksmanship Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEBULL View Post
    So the RCBS .264 LBC-AR SB T/C Die set will work for the Grendel cartridge?
    WB:

Absolutely correct. There is no, zero, none -- nada -- difference in chambers between the LBC and the Grendel. The dies are identical. The throats are different. The Grendel uses a compound throat and the LBC a more conventional throat with more leade. So, if you are fine tuning overall length, you may find a difference. However, in terms of the brass being sized down to the correct dimensions, there is no difference. The chambers are the same.

I would say that 95% of the problems with chambering and extracting sized brass is the handloader failed to bump the shoulder back enough. The other 5 % is because the handloader seated the bullet too far out of the case for proper chambering.

The topic of bumping brass and cartridge OAL comes up about twice a month.

LR1955

Quote Originally Posted by LR1955 View Post
    The topic of bumping brass and cartridge OAL comes up about twice a month.

LR1955
    At least.

Banned
    So the LBC 264 barrel shoots Grendel ammo fine then? There is an 18" for sale and I was wondering if that will work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedward View Post
    So the LBC 264 barrel shoots Grendel ammo fine then? There is an 18" for sale and I was wondering if that will work ok.
    Tedward:

The short answer is yes..

For all practical intents and purposes, any factory 6.5 Grendel ammo will run in the .264 LBC chambered barrels.

+ Reply to Thread