Bolt Grendel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Grendel options

I know this has been discussed, but I am going to a big gun show this weekend and Im going to be looking for grendel stuff!
    I want to build a grendel bolt gun.
    What actions can I get barrels for?
    I know the CZ you can, but what about the savage or ruger?
    I am going to be looking for 7.62x39 bolt?
    Any suggestions?
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Moderators...Can we PLEASE have a bolt gun section?...It would be nice to consolidate bolt gun info.
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Savage 10FCM Scout in 7.62x39

Looking at a Savage rifle with Scout rail setup...

Anyone have one of these? Can the scout rail be removed and normal rings be installed?

Comment

I have a Pacific Tool and Gauge Bolt for a Remington Model 7 if your interested. It is a PPC bolt face with a Sako extractor. Almost any competent gunsmith can barrel a Remington M7 action for the Grendel, all you need is a .264 barrel blank in your choice of twist. I recommend 1:8.
        Bob

Comment

• BjornF16
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

What donor caliber in M7 would I want with that bolt from PTG?

Comment

I bult this one off a savage short action, It's all stripped down now and it's getting dura coated, it's on a B&C medalist stock. the barrel is Pac Nor and I got the bolt head from Shooters' Sorry the pictures kinda suck, but this thing shoots like crazy.
            If I had someone like Warped to shoot it it would leave one hole.
            100yards

Comment

The one I used started life as a .243 but the bolt will fit any M7 action. I would probably look for a .223 and consider adapting one of these bottom metal sets to accept AR magazines. https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/De...etal_p_26.html
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
                The one I used started life as a .243 but the bolt will fit any M7 action. I would probably look for a .223 and consider adapting one of these bottom metal sets to accept AR magazines. https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/De...etal_p_26.html
                Bob
                Thanks for that info stokes! I've been wondering why Remington hasn't come out with this when moss berg already has!

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I don't want to be limited by AR magazine OAL for Grendel in bolt action...I'd be looking to hand load long (thinking 130 gr Berger VLD).

If I find a used .243 M7, will there need to be any modifications to the M7 magazine in order to properly hold/cycle Grendel cartridges?

Comment

Yes, if you use a .308 family m7 you will need to modify the magaxine box. Kevin Wyatt at Wyatt Outdoors can do this for you, he actually replaces the interanl box and follower.
                    Then you can feed any long loaded VLD bullet you want. That is actually what I used was the 130 Berger VLD loaded long. It shot great out of my M7 Grendel. I gave it to one of my sons who converted it to 6.5 Creedmoor.
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                      Moderators...Can we PLEASE have a bolt gun section?...It would be nice to consolidate bolt gun info.
                      +1, please.....

I am a new member here, but have been doing plenty of reading, and trying to sift through all threads to find info on bolt guns is a total PITA ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X