More Chrony reports!! ((WARNING!)) lots of pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Chrony reports!! ((WARNING!)) lots of pics.

Here are the drop box links to the Data chart provided by Seatlroadwr, A very big THANK YOU!!

Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 08:07 PM.

OOPs I made a mistake on the PowerPro 2000MR, I put IMR as a manufacture and its not, It is Alliant.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• OLd Man
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2012

That was a lot of work. Nice job. Over all what do you think of CFE and would it b a good choice for hunting ammo.

Comment

• jawbone
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

beautiful set of data. many thanks for all that effort, and for posting it.

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Excellent report WildOne. Nice to see 10 shot groups. Your hottest loads had the lowest SD. That powder must like to be run at high pressure.
              Last edited by rasp65; 04-29-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I am Absolutely loving CFE223! I feel it is an excellent choice for all bullet weights! I still have lots of exploring left to do; testing: Primers (large and small), Powder, C.O.A.L.

The brass in these tests have been reloaded 3 times before (with the exception of the primer test brass), so the appearance of over pressure may be exaggerated a little. The only primers that did crater were in St #6 with the gas block closed. By the way that St #6 offered LOTS! of recoil (gas on and off)

Comment

Thanks alot for all your very informative data postings lately bwild. It was the first id heard of cfe223 and inspired me to get some. I just wlrked up a load of cfe223 with 123gr amax and cci450 primers. In my 20" Satern barrel I was able to get in the 2630's with 32.2gr cfe223 according to my chrony. I started getting nervous about bolt issues so i think ill do some accuracy testing at about 3600fps and 31.8gr. I think I'll try federal 205m primers also sense i have much more than cci450.

Comment

Thanks alot for all your very informative data postings lately bwild. It was the first id heard of cfe223 and inspired me to get some. I just wlrked up a load of cfe223 with 123gr amax and cci450 primers. In my 20" Satern barrel I was able to get in the 2630's with 32.2gr cfe223 according to my chrony. I started getting nervous about bolt issues so i think ill do some accuracy testing at about 3600fps and 31.8gr. I think I'll try federal 205m primers also sense i have much more than cci450.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

I NEED one of those printers!
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
                        I am Absolutely loving CFE223! I feel it is an excellent choice for all bullet weights! I still have lots of exploring left to do; testing: Primers (large and small), Powder, C.O.A.L.

The brass in these tests have been reloaded 3 times before (with the exception of the primer test brass), so the appearance of over pressure may be exaggerated a little. The only primers that did crater were in St #6 with the gas block closed. By the way that St #6 offered LOTS! of recoil (gas on and off)
                        Thanks for sharing all your data Bwild, that's good stuff!
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Thank you all! For the replies and showing your interest. I still have much to do. I tried to get chrony time today but the rain just wouldn't quit long enough to collect data, I will try again Wednsday.

Comment

More Chrony!!

All shots were fired off a bipod and my shoulder from the hood of my samurai

Comment

More!!

I'm not sure what this last group represents, the barrel was hot and dirty, and I was tired of shooting!

Images of the brass for these loads can be found here: Primer views
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X