6.5 Grendel barrels possibly coming soon from PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, I also asked if they are considering a melonited-barrel, and the answer was that PSA is considering several alternate barrel (bore) treatment, although the word melonite was not specifically mentioned. QPQ, S-carb, WASP are other possibilities of similar function. So, I am hoping for a grendel upper w/ one of the above bore treatments to shoot the Wolf steel case ammo.

Comment

Replied also, can't wait. (Well, can't wait after I put in some overtime to have the $$$ in hand.)

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Old thread...

Would still be nice to see PSA enter the Grendel segment with barrels and uppers.

There's a new thread in the PSA Industry Partner section of arfcom requesting an update:

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.
        Drifter

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

I'd love a short barrel from psa!
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• alligator
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2014

I will buy a FN cold hammer forged barrel from PSA the day they come out. If they ever make one.

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

HardenedArms.com

Comment

• alligator
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2014

What does that have to do with a PSA Grendel? Nothing.

Comment

• smokinghole
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2015

I just emailed them to check on specs and stuff. Appears its available. I assume it to be a FN manufactured barrel considering it's HF. Not a lot of people out there able to hammer forge barrels.

I had sort of decided to forget about building a grendel at the moment and was looking at CHF 5.56 barrels. Since there's really only FN sourced barrels I was at PSA looking for a price on their barrels and found the grendel barrel. Anyhow hope that helps some guys with this thread.
                    Last edited by smokinghole; 01-23-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X