• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

custom Google search engine for 65grendel.com

I've noticed that many people seem to have difficulty finding information via the forum search feature on 65grendel.com. This is not intended as a criticism of this website nor its administrators, as the issue seems relatively common on many internet forums.

Thus, I've made an effort to create a Google custom search engine (CSE) specifically for our community here.

Try the engine on the link below and see what you think. For example, a few people have recently been looking for info regarding the conversion of CZ-527 rifles to a Grendel chambering, so type "CZ 527" in the search box on the link and see what happens:

6.5 Grendel Forum CSE

I'm not a computer whizz by any stretch of the imagination, but changes can probably be made to the CSE if necessary.

Wasn't sure where to post this, or even if it would be considered appropriate. But I've seen similar CSE's in use on other forums, so I made an attempt to create one specifically for us. There might be a way to add the CSE directly to the forum here if desired by the administrators.

Just trying to help...

ETA- Not sure if the CSE works for everyone, or just for me. So if someone would confirm whether it works for them or not, it would be appreciated. -Thanks
    Last edited by Drifter; 08-08-2012, 03:44 AM.
    Drifter

works great!! Thanks.

Comment

Excellent! it works!! Thank you Drifter!

Comment

• Von Gruff
        Chieftain
        • Apr 2012

Works on this side of the pond as well Drifter. Great addition to our site if the mod's can fix it as a sticky somwhere apropriate. For myself it has gone in my Grendel folder with other important grendel data.
        Last edited by Von Gruff; 08-08-2012, 04:25 AM.
        http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
        Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Its stuck! Neither Hanka or I are computer gurus, and we run the site the best we can, any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks Drifter!

Comment

Thanks Drifter. You have saved us a lot of work.

Comment

• Drifter
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Glad it's working, and happy to help.

It appears that the CSE could be embedded on this forum as a Google Gadget if desired by administrators:

As an example, scroll down a little and check the right margin for a similar gadget installed on the Snipers Hide forum:

Meanwhile, I've simply bookmarked the page in my computer "favorites" for quick and easy access. But no doubt the new "sticky" should help newcomers to navigate a little easier (and help the rest of us find stuff too).
              Last edited by Drifter; 08-08-2012, 04:54 AM.
              Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

It appears that Hanka is the only one with the clearance to add gadgets, so we'll have to let him do it.

Comment

• Von Gruff
                  Chieftain
                  • Apr 2012

It is just as well that we have those with varied skills here on the site. For some of us, and by that I mean me, if my rifle skills were as limited as my computer skills I would struggle to hit the proverbial side of the barn...from the inside. Thanks again for another valuable resourse.
                  http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
                  Acts 4:10-12

Comment

Another useful tool for the quiver-nice work, Drifter. Added bookmark till we add to site.

Comment

Works great! Thanks!

Comment

Awsome work to Drifter and thanks to all for making this a great site.

Comment

Good work -- this will help find things we forgot about!

Thanks!!

Comment

a great resource to add to the learning curve for the forum specific information.

Comment

• BjornF16
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Does Google get anything for our using this?...I personally don't "Google"...
                              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                              X