Recommended 6.5 Grendel Barrel Suppliers and wait times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nightbreed

I finally got thru, expecting it in a few weeks. Mark is a great person to deal with. I would recommend him to anyone. I'll keep you informed as it comes together. Thanks guys.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
      Warrior
      • Apr 2011

I am not sure why you can get through except we too have had issues with EMails not going out properly. Hearsay has it that Sandy is still affecting servers and Main Internet Hubs. Depending on when you tried it could have been issues with Phone Service too. Try this email too. pf15@pf15.com
      "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

midway will get some 24 inch 264 lbc barrels on the 30th of this month and have some 16 inch barrels in stock right now check them out.

Comment

I have a grendel 24" barrel by Krieger, that is a true grendel chamber. It's pretty much perfect.

I also have a cheaper Liberty barrel, which was marketed through Satern (I think). At the time I bought it, they were pretty easy to come by.

Not sure if they're still making either.

Comment

• hobbesgunner

8 months and counting for 24" from AA ... ...

Comment

• jawbone
              Warrior
              • Jan 2012

5 1/2 months for Shilen entry upper from AA. still waiting. still keeping the faith.

Comment

Ordered an entry upper from AA in early September and had it in a little over 6 weeks. Completing the build soon can not wait to shoot it!

Comment

• Lead Chucker

I ordered a 16" stoner from midway for a carbine build.

Comment

Waited over 6 months from AA, still no expected date, THEIR SERVICE SUCKSSSSS!!!!
                    Got a Shilen stainless true 6.5 Grendel barrel from Midway!

Comment

Originally posted by mopar440 View Post
                      Waited over 6 months from AA, still no expected date, THEIR SERVICE SUCKSSSSS!!!!
                      AA's service is actually good, they just have a ton more people in line in the same position as you who are also waiting. Demand is extremely high for Grendel barrels, and their QC is tight. They may be waiting on certain components, and when those components arrive, many of them aren't able to pass QC, which pushes things back even further.

Comment

• PumpActionJackson

My Templar customs barrel is killer, truly a sub moa barrel, shooting anything from 100-123g bullets.

Comment

• tecknomage

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          AA's service is actually good, they just have a ton more people in line in the same position as you who are also waiting. Demand is extremely high for Grendel barrels, and their QC is tight. They may be waiting on certain components, and when those components arrive, many of them aren't able to pass QC, which pushes things back even further.
                          could be worse, waiting on Stocks from JAE for 2 years now. just STOCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar440 View Post
                            I ended up with a 18" AR Stoner barrel as well after cancelling my AA 20" upper.

It's not that there service was bad, it was that they just didn't seem to care whether I gave them my business or not. When I ordered they gave me no clue that there would be a 10-12 week lead time. I found that out here. When I called to inquire about my order, they were very curt and seemed even somewhat peeved that I was wasting their time. What I got was "There is a 10 to 12 week lead time on those parts"...period. No "we're sorry things are backed up and we thank you for your patience"...nothing. When I finally cancelled my order, I was emailed a form letter with not even a single clause stating that they regretted losing my business.

This is no reflection on their products but I just wasn't feeling the love. I know they are probably swamped with orders but a little customer care would have been nice. Times must be good in the firearms business.

Here it is...this is the only correspondence I received from them...sad...

Your web order# XXXXX has been voided by the Alexander Arms store administrator. Please note that "voided" does not necessarily mean that your order was cancelled. If you did not request your order to be cancelled, it was not cancelled. Please read this entire e-mail message before contacting us regarding your order.

Following are the reasons for which we must void web orders.

Modifications were made to your order either at your request or as required by Alexander Arms.
                            We were able to ship only part of your order to you. This would result in a charge for only the total of the cost of the items shipped to you plus your original shipping cost.
                            The preauthorization for your payment has expired. This happens automatically up to 30 days after an order is placed.
                            You specifically requested that we cancel your order.

Again, unless you specifically requested that we cancel your order, you should not assume that you will not receive the items that you have ordered. You may expect that we are in the process of shipping part or all of your order. You will be receiving a shipment confirmation e-mail message very soon, if you have not already received it. The shipment confirmation message will reaffirm to you that you are receiving a shipment from your order. An attempt to fully-authorize credit card payments is being made at this time and we will contact you if there is any issue with your charge.

We understand that this message does not state the specific reason for this action on your order. Our web host does not yet afford us the capability to specify the reason for which a web order is being voided. You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions not addressed by this message. Thank you very much for your business!
                            Sorry for being a malcontent but I needed to vent.

I guess what I was missing was the BS'ing and all that stuff that I get with the guys down at the LGS.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2012

Their customer service is not bad but their barrel lead times are uncertain as the don't have steady supplies coming in in this volatile market and the have a deep back log of orders of the various barrel configurations and they don't know what blanks will be coming in when so they are not able to give effective estimates for getting barrels shipped to the customer basically my understanding is that the barrel market is effectively out of their control and the get them shipped out as fast as the can processes them and inspect them to ensure only high quality components go out the door with their name on them
                              Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Charlie Whiskey

About the AA barrels... I've heard that a retailer here on Texas has sent back 4 of their Grendel barrels so far this year for defects/other issues. Is there any known problems this year or is that story just a rumor?

Comment

Working...
                                X