Recommended 6.5 Grendel Barrel Suppliers and wait times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libertyman777

Recommended 6.5 Grendel Barrel Suppliers and wait times?

Hi all,

Are there only two approved barrel makers currently making 6.5 Grendel Products under license or at least to approved specs? Namely Satern and Alexander Arms? Are there others?

What are the current wait times?

Thanks,

Paul

Sounds like JP has them in-stock right now.

Comment

• libertyman777

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      Sounds like JP has them in-stock right now.
      Dang, they think a lot of them. I'm sure it's an outstanding barrel but I'd like to stay shorter (16") and less expensive is possible.

Comment

SAOD has one in stock:

While not a true Grendel chamber, several of us have complete uppers from them and have had excellent results. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Hi all, Like many here I became very impatient with the wait times on just barrels/bolts and took the plunge an SAOD 20" Hunter Upper. I ordered it on 27 May and it arrived at the post office on 5 June - mail can be a bit slow up here. The overall fit/finish is outstanding and all of the parts appear to be top shelf

I didn't get to do a propper range report but this should suffice:

The only other hunt photo's are getting developed as our digital camera's didn't survive the trip - dead batteries. I took him near Healy, AK two days ago and just dropped the head at the taxidermist. It was no small feat getting to within the roughly ~240 yards of him to take the shot as can be expected the4 factory

Comment

Wait times are usually long. I am currently on my fourth week since placing my order with Precision Firearms. You may want to check with J&T Distributing.

Comment

I spoke with J&T yesterday and they said they were out of bull barrels and bolts. I didn't ask about the other contour 6.5 barrels.
            Ken

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
              Chieftain
              • May 2012

Unless you order an instock barrel its pretty safe to expect a 6+ month wait one thing to ask your self is what sort of accuracy your looking for if you want under half a minute I would go for a custom cut rifling barrel like satern if will be happy with 1-1.5 moa than just about any barrel will due most of them will shoot sub minute with good ammo if I was building a short-mid range carbine I would probably just order one of the ar stoner barrels from midway I have heard several good reports on them and the apparently have grendel chambers and come with a matched bolt I think they run about 300 with no wait if you order instock if I wasn't towards the end of my wait with satern I would probably just get one of those and call it a day
              Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• libertyman777

Originally posted by feetpiece View Post
                SAOD has one in stock:

While not a true Grendel chamber, several of us have complete uppers from them and have had excellent results. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Hi all, Like many here I became very impatient with the wait times on just barrels/bolts and took the plunge an SAOD 20" Hunter Upper. I ordered it on 27 May and it arrived at the post office on 5 June - mail can be a bit slow up here. The overall fit/finish is outstanding and all of the parts appear to be top shelf

I didn't get to do a propper range report but this should suffice:

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ith-my-Grendel
                I like that one much better than the JP. 4" shorter and $100 less. Is it a true Grendel chamber?

Comment

• nightbreed

Anyone know how to get in touch with Precision Firearms ? I have tried to contact them by email thru their web site and by phone with no results. Emails get returned un-deliverable and voicemail will not work. Les Baer is the only company out of the four that has replied, but their lead time is four to six months.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Pricision had a power issue from Sandy, and then had computer issues. They are up and running again, but still very busy, so keep trying. They build great stuff.

Comment

• nightbreed

Thanks, I'll try them again tomorrow. Bartlein recommended them to me, I'm really wanting one of their barrels. I have a 30 AR, 223, 300 aac, and I want a Grendel to finish my collection......who am I kidding, collections are never finished. Thanks again.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

You might try them this evening, they often answer the phone until 9PM eastern

Comment

• Buster
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by nightbreed View Post
                          I want a Grendel to finish my collection......who am I kidding, collections are never finished.
                          How true...

Comment

Originally posted by libertyman777 View Post
                            Hi all,

Are there only two approved barrel makers currently making 6.5 Grendel Products under license or at least to approved specs? Namely Satern and Alexander Arms? Are there others?

What are the current wait times?

Thanks,

Paul
                            Don't know if you saw the post about the 6.5 grendel barrels at Midway USA...but they have 18" and 20" in stock.

Comment

• ericv
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2011

Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
                              www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

Working...
                              X