Coping with the heartbeat artifact--how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

When I look at any precision rifle that I'm getting into, the thought of purchasing "match" ammo for it is so foreign to me, it took your above post to remind that it was still an option. Every .308 rifle I have purchased only had hand-loads run through it by me, starting with load development until I found an accurate & fast load. Then that load gets mass-produced and nothing else is fed through it. This is why getting into the Grendel, or .260 Rem was never based on factory-available ammo for me.

I've shot some pretty intensive shoot schedules chasing accuracy at least 3 days per week, from 0900-1730. I learned to recognize barrels that don't shoot with a particular load, and those that just drill holes like it's easy. When you come across a load/rifle combo that just clicks for you, it is one of the best feelings in the world, and your confidence has to be kept in-check. I find that sticking to the basics and maintaining a calm sense about me as I squeeze through a great sight picture comes easy when performing many of the techniques mentioned in this thread. Hydration...body asleep...mind awake...visualizing nothing but holes through my exact point of aim...settling the gun to find natural POI with eyes closed...checking sight picture after a good settle...squeeze through perfect crosshairs on center of smallest POI...discharge...maintain position...re-acquire sight picture...slowly release trigger reset...repeat.

Comment

Why not just take a Bata Blocker?

Comment

Working...
        X