Trigger for your Target or Competition Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rick458
    What trigger are you running in your target shooting or competition Grendel?
    I am using a Geissele High Speed NM In my my Mega GTR-H Lower.
    It is a great smooth trigger.

Comment

• SG4247
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

PACT AR Gold Trigger x 5

Best there is.
      NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

Originally posted by tango29 View Post
        I am using a Geissele High Speed NM In my my Mega GTR-H Lower.
        It is a great smooth trigger.
        +1, Exceptional performance.

Comment

I run the SSA-E, SD 3 Gun and High Speed NM. Love both of them but if you want the ability to adjust the trigger then the HSNM is the way to go. It allows you to adjust more features than just the weight of the pull like length of travel and the amount of sear engagement. The 3 Gun trigger is built exactly for that, speed shooting not precision long range shooting.

Comment

• Joseph5
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

I just put a CMC trigger in my 5.56 and love it. I am having to retrain myself to the lighter pull compared to the trigger it had which while it broke clean had to be about a ten pound pull. I ordered another in to put in my Grendel build that I am just waiting for the barrel for.

Comment

• shooter545
              Warrior
              • Aug 2012

AR Gold in both Grendels

Comment

• CPT.CRAZY
                Warrior
                • Feb 2012

Is anybody using the giesslle g2s? If so what are your thoughts?
                sigpic

Comment

• pinetreebbs
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2013

I just installed a Jhard 2 lb single stage in my Grendel. Just bench tested so far, but I think it is going to be good. I tried a Rock River Single Stage Trigger, it was OK, but not a big improvement over what I had with a smoothed up stock FCG. I have another lower with a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E), it's good too, but so far I prefer the Jhard over the others, even with a lighter pull, I like the adjustments I can make. The Jhard is a little more trouble to install, but I could do a second one much faster.

I just got an over travel adjustment screw from www.AR15TriggerAdjusters.com I have yet to try out on a stock trigger. This uses the grip screw hole similar to the Jhard, except instead of two piece screw and adjuster the grip screw is drilled and taped for an adjuster screw.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2012

I use the geissele high speed national match with a mixed spring pack NM first stage DMR second the NM second stage was a little light for my taste of your listed options I would gor with the SSA-E, the three gun trigger that has been mentioned several times so far isn't really designed for long range precision shooting it is basically a 2 stage trigger with out a second stage, you can actually adjust the second stage to non existent on the HSNM if that's what your looking for, if you like the wieght specs listed for the SSA-E then that's the one I would go with if your want to fiddle with it go HS, the G2S is a SSA without the certification testing but same trigger..... I recomend watching the geissele what trigger is right for me video

Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

2 American Gold triggers and 2 Geissele triggers, both are out standing.

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Geissele HS NM.

Comment

• usmc1371
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2011

Geisselle sd-e. Just a great trigger. My father -in- law loves it.

Comment

Since this thread has some time on it..... specifically before ALG Defense, I have to update my choice to ALG's QMS trigger or ACT trigger. I know they are very different from any of the Geissele offerings for precision but, that is not the kind of competing I do with my 6.5 at this time. The creep and grit are gone but, with all the safety of 5-6lbs of a combat trigger. Since I had issues with the staff at the 2012 NRA TPC competition in Albuquerque, NM with my Geissele SSA-E, I have gone this route with many of my builds and leave the Geissele's for my precision stick.

Disclaimer: While the photo is "high speed" I really don't place all that high in these matches but, I keep trying. Just nice to have an action shot that I can say...... hey! that's me!
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2014, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• HOPSTER
                              Unwashed
                              • Aug 2014

Keeping this thread alive.
                              Why isn't the Geissele DMR-S trigger listed ?

Comment

• wheelguner
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2011

I use the Timney that was OEM in my Sabre Defense Lower that I use for my 24" Overwatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X