• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbe1962
    Warrior
    • Sep 2012

Barrel nut grease - AeroShell 33MS

I have acquired a 14oz tube of Aeroshell 33MS for a couple of builds. 33MS meets the mil-spec for barrel nut grease. Graphite-free is a good idea when aluminum & steel are in contact with each other. Since I have more than I will use in several lifetimes, I thought I would see if anyone here was interested in a smaller quantity than is commercially available for a reasonable price.

Worked with Sneaky One on an inexpensive packaging/shipping method. Send me $2 and a letter (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") sized self-addressed envelop with a first class stamp ($0.46) on it and I will return about 10cc of AeroShell 33MS. That should be enough for 2-5 barrel nuts. Will be packaged in a small Ziploc bag in a slightly bigger Ziploc bag to keep the post office from getting grease in their sorting equipment.

PM if interested and I will get you my address.
    Last edited by cbe1962; 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM. Reason: New volume & price
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Have you sold any grease yet, I may need some.

Comment

The Milspec grease serves an important function on your barrel nut threads & detents.

Comment

• cbe1962
        Warrior
        • Sep 2012

S1 You are the first to show interest. I would be happy to work something out. How much would you like?

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

So cbe-I just hopped onto ar15.com-skygeek sells a 15 oz. tube- aeroshell 33 ms -shipped for 15.00. I have no need for that much.
          Also found out, graphite free is the main issue that makes it a desirable item.
          Permatex anti seize also is good.
          Mobile One synth. wheel bear. grease is very good.
          white lithium grease-graphite free is good also.
          Molybdinum is the -good- ingreed.
          Maybe sell some smally vials for 4-6 .00 shipped=beat the competition. Tyring to help us all.
          Thoughts?
          Last edited by sneaky one; 02-07-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

So, I have some grease enough for 1-2 builds from cbe1962. We spoke of prices & shipping costs. He is willing to move the product for -send him a self addressed double std. stamped envelope, w/ $3.00 inside-he's cool w/ that. he's not trying to pad his lifestyle-just trying to help. Worked perfect for what I needed. Thanks cbe.
            No need for most guys to buy a 14-15 oz. tube, when so little is needed. We all like to help each other out, we are a true team effort forum. The grease will come in a small-small- ziplock-H.D. type baggie. I am going to help him find some of those soon.-
            -BTw, those other lubes were from arf15com-research it on your own. I think L-52 recommends the aero33.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 02-14-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• cbe1962
              Warrior
              • Sep 2012

Thanks S1,
              I updated the top of the thread and dropped the cost to $2, hope I can help a few out.

Comment

I just use anti seize. Ive never had any problems.

Comment

• cbe1962
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2012

Based on what I have read, you probably won't have any problems with anti-seize. Most do contain graphite, which with aluminum and steel can cause problems under certain conditions if you ever want to remove the barrel.

I didn't have anything close, and figured I would get the 'right' stuff. Since I have more than I need, I thought I would try and save someone from investing in a whole tube.
                  Last edited by cbe1962; 10-16-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Y85
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2012

PM sent

Comment

• TheDroz66
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2013

Received some barrel nut grease from cbe1962 the other day. More than enough for the build I am working on. I didn't need a big tube so this was perfect. Thanks!!!

Comment

• RAM2940
                        Bloodstained
                        • May 2013

Umbrella corp. sells .5 oz container,

Comment

• sneaky one
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Yeah, but cbe is one of US. Keep it team oriented, ABAP. I know less cost is an item we all look at, yet, we are a team here. No angst at all.

Comment

• cbe1962
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2012

Wish I would have found them 18 months ago...

I still have plenty to spare...

Comment

Working...
                            X