At last, a 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hill.brandonj,

We got your info, & it will go out tomorrow. Paypal accounts have the address you provided when you set up the account with them.
    Thanks for your order, & all those who have helped make the handbook a reality. It's a great resource to have on hand.

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Thanks! Glad to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
        Judging from opinions offered in this forum, it seems that the 123gr AMAX is a favored projectile and CFE223, AR-Comp, and 8208XBR are favorite powders.

What are the chances those will make it into Volume 2?
        Looks like Volume 2 will have a few dozen loads for the 123 AMAX plus close to a couple of dozen for the 123 SST.

CFE 223 and 8208XBR loads are well represented, but AR Comp seems to be lagging.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
          Looks like Volume 2 will have a few dozen loads for the 123 AMAX plus close to a couple of dozen for the 123 SST.

CFE 223 and 8208XBR loads are well represented, but AR Comp seems to be lagging.
          Hrmm.. Just when I was weakening to the point of actually (gasp) buying a copy. Now it seems to be a worthwhile wait for vol. 2. Any idea when it will be ready for press?
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

We've made tons of progress on Volume 2, with initial drafts of almost all the chapters at the 80% level. But we are not ready to project a publication date.

Don't forget that Vol 2 is being written as part of a set that includes Vol 1. There is a lot of stuff in Vol 1 that won't be in Vol 2 for that reason.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
              Chieftain
              • May 2012

can we get an ebook/pdf version i primarily use my ipad as a reloading manual and hate paying for shipping
              Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                We've made tons of progress on Volume 2, with initial drafts of almost all the chapters at the 80% level. But we are not ready to project a publication date.

Don't forget that Vol 2 is being written as part of a set that includes Vol 1. There is a lot of stuff in Vol 1 that won't be in Vol 2 for that reason.
                Hah! I knew there would be a hook! Ok. Off to count my pennies.

Edit: Pennies counted and disbursed. With any luck, perhaps owners of volume 1 will be eligible for a discount on volume 2, maybe?
                Last edited by NugginFutz; 09-16-2013, 03:55 AM.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

I know I personally will be using Vol I and II hand-in-hand, to reference powders, projectiles, primers, and brass with known industry-tested loads to get an idea of how I will approach that particular load I'm working on.

When we wrote the first Volume, I thought I was pretty familiar with the 166 different industry-tested loads from AA, Lapua/Vihtavuori, Hodgdon's, and Western powders. I didn't really think the Handbook would be anything more than a convenient 5.5" x 8" booklet where I could record my personal data in the provided pages after each manufacturer's section.

I was very wrong! I reference the Handbook almost daily, especially when answering forum member questions, and when comparing the different loads and projectile types. There is a lot of information to be gleaned from the industry-provided data, as well as those who are learning about reloading for the AR15 when looking at the gas system considerations.

I have also found it convenient to reference the chamber variants chapter, since we have the Grendel chamber diagram on page 8.

Comment

• greenhornet-1

I would like purchase one these as well with a postal MO if there are any left. Shoot me a PM with mailing address if so. All i need is a bolt body to finish my 24" upper build. Thanks!

Comment

• For those new to the forum, I just wanted to let you know that most of your reloading component, recipe, gas system, pressure signs, and other questions can be answered in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook.

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        For those new to the forum, I just wanted to let you know that most of your reloading component, recipe, gas system, pressure signs, and other questions can be answered in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook.
                        He is correct.

I'm glad you brought this back up, I've been meaning to ask a question here.

I know y'all are writing these with the intention of each volume building on the next, so vol 2 won't contain vol 1, but I was wondering...

Would it be possible, once y'all publish vol. 2, to get a hard back that contained both vol 1 & vol 2. I'd pay a little extra for it.
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Just ordered handbook.

Comment

• If you make the presentation nice, people might buy all 3 just for collecting.

Comment

• Big fan of Volume I and I am looking forward to Volume II and just wanted to say thanks for all your time and effort.

Comment

• I just got an email from a cutomer in Oklahoma about the Post Office charging an additional $0.69 to pick up the Handbook, but all my attempts to respond to the email are undeliverable.

Could you please IM me through the forum, or email me again with a workable email address. I want to find out more about this and get ahead of it.

Has anybody else been charged extra by the Post Office?

Comment

Working...
                                X