X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice critters all around gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
      I used my 14.5" bbl carbine, it is a Colt Lower with A2 Stock, AA enhanced bolt, G10 FF tube, custom tuned trigger, WCI brake pinned on, it has a 3.5-10x44mm Scope with stadia lines. It is a Pentax.
      Nice setup and nice deer. Wish they grew them like that down here.

Comment

Handgun caliber restriction for IL: a bottleneck centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger with a case length not exceeding 1.4 inches, or a straight-walled centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger, both of which must be available as a factory load with the published ballistic tables of the manufacturer showing a capability of at least 500 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Note: There is no case length limit for straight-walled cartridges.

The bottleneck .30 cal cartridges are .300 Whisper and .300 Bellm (could be others that I'm not aware of). The rule allowing any straight-walled cartridges is new (last year or two). So, you can beat yourself up with a revolver in 45-70 or any of the .50 cal pistols out there.

Apparently these bullets won't go as far or do as much damage as rifle cartridges fired from rifles....or magnum shotgun slugs for that matter. I feel much safer in the IL woods w/ only 12 ga slugs and .50 cal pistol slugs flying around...thank goodness I won't be killed by a .270 or .30-06. Only an oz. of 12 ga lead.

Comment

Working...
        X