X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

LA Sheriffs Department training footage from the 1930's

That is a very interesting video, starting with a series a major safety violations, followed by some pretty cool range procedures, especially the lead recycling and reloading procedures.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

A penny/round!

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Very cool vid Bill! Makes me want to time travel back to simpler days!

The absolute lack of PC or nanny state shenanigans is truly awesome! I couldn't even imagine trying to recover lead at the range then casting and reloading it for duty practice. These days something like that would cause a tear in the space and time continuum, and it'd likely suck the perpetrator into an entirely separate plane then the one I work on!LOL

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
        A penny/round!
        I saw that too--- Fifty rounds and he hands him (I guess...) a fifty cent piece. The register shows .50, but it also shows a ".05" that I'm guessing might have been his change??? Or does that mean it was 55 cents? Either way, cool!LOL
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

No way would I trust someone shooting near my face like that. That cigar shot was really too close for comfort.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            No way would I trust someone shooting near my face like that. That cigar shot was really too close for comfort.
            Agreed almost completely. I've known exactly one person who I'd let do that, and I certainly wouldn't try it more than once.LOL No sense tempting Murphy that hard!LOL

Pity is: The guy I'd have faith in doing it isn't even in an armed profession anymore. Guy was a real laid back type you'd never guess would be such a shooter. He was like some kind of idiot savant when it came to shooting. He was a machine, and didn't even care.LOL
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
            X