Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KentuckyBuddha
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

The reason dimples are optimal on a golf ball is because the ball is round and absolutely any edge can be a leading edge or the tail. For any other shape it isn't optimal to have them all over. They can do much better. I can't say off the top of my head where the dimples need to be on an ogive shape bullet but I can say without fear of contradiction that they are on the right track but not nearly as good as they can and probably will do later.

Comment

• Originally posted by JASmith View Post
      Sounds like all that Vodka affected more than the ability to keep secrets.

We need more info.
      I believe that you will find some answers if you read enough of the comments on the linked pages. Some of the projectile info is a few years old, so I suggest that you check the dates of the articles to put the information into perspective.

All I can say is that if the cartridges do not show up on the exact day that Rasp65 and I mentioned on our posts, it is almost certain that all the info was supplied by someone with a warped sense of humor.
      Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2014, 03:51 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by nincomp View Post
        I believe that you will find some answers if you read enough of the comments on the linked pages. Some of the projectile info is a few years old, so I suggest that you check the dates of the articles to put the information into perspective.
        Jim,

Looks like I'm the one who needs more Vodka!

Thanks!

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Anyone heard from Sidd Finch lately? I heard he was working on the drag issue!

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by nincomp View Post
            Dear rasp65,
            Is it OK if I call you rasp?
            I have also heard that the Wolf cartridges will be available on 04/01/2014. Like you, I cannot reveal my source of this info, but let's just say that there were numerous empty vodka bottles around.
            At the same time, I think that I have discovered what has been delaying these cartridges. Apparently Wolf had decided to bring their Grendel cartridges to market with the latest-and-greatest projectiles. The main problem is the availability of the two bullets chosen. One of the bullets, designed for the AMU, is of an extremely low-drag design, but somewhat difficult to manufacture. It is understandable that all of the production problems have yet to be solved.

The other bullet is at the forefront of "green" technology, but is only manufactured in New Zealand. From what I understand, the ship transporting the first batch of these bullets went through a huge storm and its cargo got wet, making the bullets unusable (it reminds me of that song: "It's not easy being green").

Anyway, here is some info on the two bullet types:
            At the U.S. Army's Aberdeen Proving Ground, a team of ballistics technicians, supported by some of the U.S. Army's top sniper instructors, has been quietly developing a radical new dimpled bullet. The exterior of the bullet resembles the dimpled surface of a golf ball.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...dable-bullets/
            both those links were originally posted on april fools....

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Merely a coincidence Caveman

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
                Merely a coincidence Caveman
                Or not... I've seen headier crowds than the Horde get taken by an article released "coincidentally" on April 1st.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• haustinv
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2013

Guys if you read the bottom of the page they admit that this is an April fools joke.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

I don't think you will get Wolf but a Grafs has PPU in there system now as new item but out of stock. Maybe it is true that they are going to make the ammo and that is why Wolf hasn't put anything out in so long, hard to fill the brass if PPU stopped giving it to them. (Not sure about the steel case)

PRVI PARTIZAN AMMO 6.5 GRENDEL 120gr HPBT 20/bx 25/cs

Item #:PPA65G
                    Graf & Sons, the reloading authority, has a wide selection of reloading supplies, shooting supplies, ammo and more.

PRVI PARTIZAN AMMO 6.5 GRENDEL 110gr FMJ 20/bx 25/cs

Item #:PPA65GFMJ
                    Graf & Sons, the reloading authority, has a wide selection of reloading supplies, shooting supplies, ammo and more.
                    Last edited by Tedward; 03-20-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by haustinv View Post
                      Guys if you read the bottom of the page they admit that this is an April fools joke.
                      I got suckered too.

Now I am enjoying the leg-pulling!

Comment

• rasp65
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by haustinv View Post
                        But Wolf Steel Ammo is a legitimate April fools joke. I have heard it since I joined this board in aught 9.

Comment

• Dogue
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
                          But Wolf Steel Ammo is a legitimate April fools joke. I have heard it since I joined this board in aught 9.
                          Actually, looks like it was a February (2008) Fools Joke...

Posted 02/2008 on Calguns.com;
                          Wolf introduced steel case 6.5mm Grendel at SHOT today.

They brought out a 110 grain FMJ-BT load. Projectile design is supposed to be along the lines of the 5.45x39mm 7N6 with the air pocket in the nose. Muzzle velocity is listed as 2,620 fps.

Supposed to ship 2nd quarter. Price is supposed to be just above that of 7.62x39mm.
                          Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• rasp65
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

We may have dimpled all natural bullets first.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
                              We may have dimpled all natural bullets first.
                              Nah!

Make them reversed dimples -- less contact areas, more fun eating, and good rasping action going through the target!

Comment

• Sorry. I hope that none of you got your hopes up for the Wolf ammo but.........<sounding like a little brat> Rasp65 started it. And if any of you call me a "stupid head," I will go to my room and throw a tantrum!

Comment

Working...
                                X