Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

I called WolfAmmo.com, yesterday, and was advised that the long-awaited Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo will be available 4th quarter, 2013.

LOL We can always hope.

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Not holding my breath...If I was I would've been dead a long time ago.
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• XcountryRider

Hornady Amax in stock here 23 bucks a box. http://www.rareammo.com/rifle-ammo/6...-a-max-20-rnds
        Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Wasn't there supposed to be large amount of Wolf 6.5mm Grendel hitting the shores in the 3rd Quarter 2013?

Comment

Bill Alexander of AA has had some (for testing and eval) for 3-4 months now. He also supposed to be meeting with the producers about now. Maybe we will hear something.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
              Not holding my breath...If I was I would've been dead a long time ago.
              Sage advice!

This guy held his breath many years ago. It didn't fare well:
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                Sage advice!

This guy held his breath many years ago. It didn't fare well:
                Waiting on steel cased Grendel ammo no doubt.
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Waiting on WORD of steel cased Grendel ammo.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2011

The Secret word is "eventually". Say the secret word and divide a hundred dollars.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2013

An encouraging note: Wolf Ammo has run a full-page ad in the January thru May, 2013 issues of Western Shooting Journal , featuring the Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo, with a 110-grain bullet.
                      Last edited by SHORT-N-SASSY; 06-04-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Drifter
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                        An encouraging note: Wolf Ammo has run a full-page ad in the January thru May, 2013 issues of Western Shooting Journal , featuring the Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo, with a 110-grain bullet.
                        SNS- I think what forum members are alluding to is that this scenario has played out numerous times.

I didn't really go back further than this same time two years ago, but the history goes back even further I think.

See if this dialogue from June 2011 seems familiar:

Originally posted by ss355 View Post
                        We've all seen the 110 grn Wolf steel case in the Wolf catalog for a couple years now. I emailed Wolf a month or so ago and received a reply of "last quarter this year" (not verbatim). I don't feel particularly confident about that estimate, given the current track record of this round. I understand that getting products to market can be difficult, but is it that problematic to import 6.5 Grendel steel case? Is Wolf keeping an eye on the market to decide whether it's worth the investment to import it? Are there really manufacturing difficulties holding up the works? Seriously, what gives? Does anyone with connections have an idea why steel case, FMJ 6.5 Grendel isn't on the shelf of my local gun shop or in stock at Aimsurplus?
                        Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                        Just discovered some new information, at least one source online is quoting steel case Grendel at $189/1000 and available later this year.
                        Link to source: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...steel-case-FMJ

Sooner or later, maybe, someone's prediction of availability will be right (or nearly so). For everyone's sake, I hope your information proves accurate. But as has been said, don't hold your breath...
                        Drifter

Comment

• Dogue
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

Drifter is right. The steel cased Grendel ammo story has been told since the old 65Grendel forum days, probably 3-4 years ago. You can only tease us for so long...so for most of us it's "we'll believe it when we can get our hands on it."
                          Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2013

I today FAXed the following letter to WOLF Performance Ammunition:

"ATTN: The President

RE: WOLF 6.5 Grendel steel case ammunition; Consumer input.

Dear Sir:

First, some background:

Back in January, I called WOLF Performance Ammunition, re the expected availability of the long-promised WOLF 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo. I was told, 'Sometime after March, 2013.' I called again, late March, '3rd quarter, 2013.' And, again, late May, '4th quarter, 2013.'

I recently received a helpful response to a letter addressed to Beretta U.S.A. Corp. Vice President, Product Marketing, Rafe Bennett, in which I had advocated for including the 6.5 Grendel in the new Beretta ARX-160, Civilian Model: the ARX100. Mr. Bennett states, '. . . As you correctlly hoped / noted, our Product Marketing Team is tasked with bringing together the end user input we need for the best product development. Your input is part of that process and is appreciated. We do have additional calibers in the pipeline for the ARX100. . . . 6.5 [Grendel] and 6.8 [SPC] are on our list, as well as 7.62x39 and 5.45x39. Timing depends on ammo availability and development lead times. . . .'

In view of all the above, I today decided to bring my concerns re the long-awaited, long-needed WOLF 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo to the attention of the WOLF Performance Ammunition President. Checking the Internet, www.lead411.com indicates, 'Jeffrey Ripple, President,' while, www.manta.com indicates, 'Bill Filbert, President.' This failed effort prompted me to call WOLF. I explained the discrepancy on the Internet to the person answering the phone (who later gave his name, at my request, 'Timothy'). And, I asked the name of the current President, that I might address my concerns in a letter. I was asked my name. I gave it, but was not advised the name of the current WOLF Performance Ammunition President. Rather, I was advised to use the E-mail address, info@wolfammo.com, and address my concerns to, 'The President.' In that I had used that E-mail address, back in early May, to no avail --- and given the limited options --- I today chose to send this letter-appeal via FAX, as shown on the WOLF website.

What's needed from WOLF Performance Ammunition:

1, A Hotline and/or E-mail address, which considers and responds to the end user's input.;
                            2, An honest, informed date of the expected release of the long-awaited WOLF 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo. Thank you.

Sincerely,"

Comment

Keep at it S n S. It may help. Cant hurt. 6 or 7 years ago AA told us they was on the verge of getting Kel tec to make a SU 16 in the Grendel. I must have written 20 e mails to Kel tec to no avail. I hope you do better than I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X