+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
    wolf steel case Grendel has been available for quite some time now you just have to know where to look

Where might that be?

Warrior
    Curious if someone pulled the bullet from a 7.62 X 39 steel case then sized it in a 6.5 Grendel die. Then it could easily be loaded with a PP 120 grain MPT Bullet. I also read where guys have reloaded Berdan Primed steel cases. This is too much work for me, I'll shoot my reloaded factory seconds bullets in my fire formed brass 7.62 X 39 cases for my blasting ammo. lol

Warrior
    Hydrolic punch out bedan primer, convert to boxer, size in Grendel die, fire form, and load as normal.... You can usually get steel cases for near as does not mater free, it more of an excersise in resourcefulness than a practical way to get cases but they are reload able and cost a lot less than a dollar a piece so you don't have to worry about losing one while hunting or on the range, it's kind of time consuming but if you do a bunch at once you can speed up the process
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Which ever barrel you get, make sure you get it chrome lined!!
    Rifle Specs:

J&T 24" 6.5 Grendel

8-26x50 Horus Predator

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Where might that be?
    Russia.
    If at first you don't succeed, give up.
    Anything that can't be done easily, probably isn't worth doing.

Warrior
    6.5 Grendel steel cased ammo has been in the USA for over a year now. Its just not available for sale.

You mean that T&E ammo Alexander received hasn't been shot up yet?

Warrior
    I read that Wolf said at the SHOT show a couple of years ago that the cost of the 6.5 steel Grendel would be comparable to their .223 &7.62 x39. I think I read that Graf &Son will will distribute that ammo. I go the Graf & Son web site and see that Wolf .223 ammo sells for about $7.50 and Grendel ammo (will) sell for about $16.00. I then cross check by comparing the cost of same-same brass. I conclude that the cost of Wolf 6.5 Grendel will cost twice as much as much as Wolf .223. ...Wait the shipping on the Grendel will probably be cheaper, because I probably cant afford to buy as much.

Quote Originally Posted by hm2 clark View Post
    I read that Wolf said at the SHOT show a couple of years ago that the cost of the 6.5 steel Grendel would be comparable to their .223 &7.62 x39. I think I read that Graf &Son will will distribute that ammo. I go the Graf & Son web site and see that Wolf .223 ammo sells for about $7.50 and Grendel ammo (will) sell for about $16.00. I then cross check by comparing the cost of same-same brass. I conclude that the cost of Wolf 6.5 Grendel will cost twice as much as much as Wolf .223
    I think your analysis is a little bit flawed, because cost of the case is only a fraction of the cost of the loaded cartridge.

The Prvi ammo you checked undoubtedly has brass cases, not steel:
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/27247

Compare Prvi 6.5 Grendel 110gr FMJ @ $15.99 to Prvi .223 Remington 62gr FMJ @ $9.59 and the Grendel ammo price is 1.667 times that of the .223 ammo.

Wolf .223 Remington 62gr FMJ @ $7.19 -- Multiply that by 1.667, and the result is (steel case) Wolf 6.5 Grendel 110gr FMJ @ $11.99

Wolf 7.62x39 is listed at $6.99

Bloodstained
    So steel case ammo is available or not..

+ Reply to Thread