Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOTHERmaninblack
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
    Keep at it S n S. It may help. Cant hurt. 6 or 7 years ago AA told us they was on the verge of getting Kel tec to make a SU 16 in the Grendel. I must have written 20 e mails to Kel tec to no avail. I hope you do better than I did.
    Yes, but everybody knows that Keltec long guns are mythical things that do not exist in the real world

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

A 6.5 Grendel ARX100 is coming --- one way, or another!

From the Beretta Forum, ". . . Of all the cartridges that fit in the STANAG magwell, the [6.5] Grendel would get the most out of the ARX's long range potential. Plus the 6.5 G [Grendel] and 50 B [Beowulf] only need to have the gas port size figured out and tested to go into production. However, an adjustable gas port for the 6.5 would probably be the best. Beretta only needs to import the 7.62x39 bolt [ARX-160 already chambered in 7.62x39mm] to make this happen quickly. . . ."

And, in sharp contrast to Kel-Tec's and WOLF Performance Ammunition's, "Promises, Promises," a better way, "Realistic Expectations --- Beretta waited until rifles were in the warehouse (that's why we're seeing a mid-year introduction to dealers)." --- Citizen Soldier: Beretta ARX100 Review, By Eric R. Poole (http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/c...rx-100-review/).

Comment

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
        Hornady Amax in stock here 23 bucks a box. http://www.rareammo.com/rifle-ammo/6...-a-max-20-rnds
        Sadly, this is now out of stock at that dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
          Hornady Amax in stock here 23 bucks a box. http://www.rareammo.com/rifle-ammo/6...-a-max-20-rnds
          I found it for $21

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by Mav714 View Post
            I found it for $21
            It is 22 bucks a box if you buy 10 boxes. Not bad at all.

Comment

A-Max .....$19.92 a box at Powder Valley as of this morning.

Comment

This may be the best test of steel cased ammo that I have ever seen. Huge amount of Data on .223 from four test rifles and four different ammos. I may shoot the steel stuff in my .223's at the combat courses because I can replace the barrel more easily, at least when I get ammo, and I can't collect the brass to reload. Otherwise I'm shooting brass and proper bullets. In my Grendel's I'm not sure that I want to wear out a barrel.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

Having received no response to my June 4, 2013 letter-FAX (Reply #14, above), to date, I moments ago E-mailed the following message-request to WOLF Performance Ammunition President, Jeffrey Ripple:

"Dear Mr. Ripple:

Here, at the 6.5 Grendel Forum, we've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of WOLF 6.5 Grendel steel case ammunition, as has been advertised in the Western Shooting Journal. An update on the expected release date of this low-cost ammunition to the U.S. market would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,"

Comment

Originally posted by fanofflyn View Post
                    This may be the best test of steel cased ammo that I have ever seen. Huge amount of Data on .223 from four test rifles and four different ammos. I may shoot the steel stuff in my .223's at the combat courses because I can replace the barrel more easily, at least when I get ammo, and I can't collect the brass to reload. Otherwise I'm shooting brass and proper bullets. In my Grendel's I'm not sure that I want to wear out a barrel.
                    http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...el-cased-ammo/
                    Thank you for flagging that thorough torture test.

Comment

• Dogue
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

"If you agree to destroy all of your countries nuclear warheads I think we can keep the steel cased Grendel ammunition from shipping for another 3 years."
                      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2013

Dogue, that's special. Thanks for making my day!

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Oooh! Somebody needs to plug that into one of those "Meme" generator thingies.LOL Good one Dogue!
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

very good dogue!

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                              I called WolfAmmo.com, yesterday, and was advised that the long-awaited Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case ammo will be available 4th quarter, 2013.
                              Is this ETA still holding?

Comment

ETA?? At best a WAG.

Comment

Working...
                                X