Wolf 6.5 Grendel steel case Ammo update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

As far as I'm aware the 4th quarter date still holds.

Comment

We are what? Like 65 days till the 4th quarter. If I can order the new Wolf ammo then, I swear I'll stay sober on St Paddys Day.

Comment

• Pancho Villa

I have a question for Bill, if he's still reading threads.

I have, in the past, been...adjacent to, let's say, people trying to bring a product to market. Not super-new...an iteration, even. It was a clustereff from start to finish and all ship dates given were lies given by company people, either their own hopes or passing on misunderstandings on from the manufacturer (located in China, so there was the additional problem of language gaps as no one in the office was fluent in mandarin, and no one there was especially fluent in english.)

So...maybe I'm a lot more patient about this stuff. I've seen working with offshore people, honest and hard working but under a variety of pressures, some known, some unknown. I think until the package is on a boat its foolish to give out "expect by" dates, even tenuous or qualified, as customers (from my memory) only remember the date you gave and forget or ignore the qualifiers.

Anyway, I would prefer, instead, if you could outline the obstacles still in the way of putting the ammo on a boat headed for the USA. Technical issues and so forth. I think that would give us a better picture of where we stand (especially the more engineery among us) and not tie you down to firm due dates.

Comment

• wheelguner
          Warrior
          • Oct 2011

It is a good day!!!!!! A new word..... engineery. So discriptive.

Comment

Well,it's the 4th quarter, no ammo and no word. I guess I wont have to stay sober on Saint Pats day after all.

Comment

• longdayjake

Wolf steel case 6.5 Grendel = FAIL. For years now.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I have a vision of a harbor full of Zombies shuffling around aimlessly. They stagger past connex boxes full of steel cased grendel ammo... The Apocalypse comes, and the Wolf Steel just misses the wire. Society collapses because of it....
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

I called WOLF Performance Ammunition, Placentia, CA, two days ago (October 1). The person I spoke with said that they expect to be shipping WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo in "December."

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

I hope you didn't talk to a lady named Lucy....

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2013

Variable,

The person that responded to my question re the expected availability of the WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo had a male voice.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                        I called WOLF Performance Ammunition, Placentia, CA, two days ago (October 1). The person I spoke with said that they expect to be shipping WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo in "December."
                        SS:

They avoided stating the year. This has been going on for five or six years now.

LR1955

Comment

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                          Variable,

The person that responded to my question re the expected availability of the WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo had a male voice.
                          Lucy had a sex change?

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                            SS:

They avoided stating the year. This has been going on for five or six years now.

LR1955

Have they given a specific month before?

Comment

There was a Wolf Steel Case on the old site before it went down. "Any day now..."

Look at the first post on this thread... then look at the date.
                              The day has come, Wolf Steel case will soon be available in stores everywhere! Well, soon may be a relative term, but there are actually steel cases in the hands of those who need them to check loads and pressures. David Fortier reports that Wolf has been at the Big 3 meetings he and other members of the press are

Then again, it seems that the best way to make it rain is to wash the car or water the lawn. Maybe the ammo will show up if we all say "No sir, it is never going to be here."

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2011

Well, whichever it is, I guess we're on the tail end of it. They've been sticking with 3rd quarter '13 for awhile now, and we're entering the 3rd quarter. down to the last couple of months of wondering if they'll yank the football away.

My kids are all aware of what my Christmas list looks like. Here's hoping we're not Charlie Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X