• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Suppressed sub-sonic - short video

I had an opportunity to borrow a buddy's YHM Titanium 7.62 can last weekend and get a short video.

Target was about 75 yards. 5 shot group under an inch.

Full function & lock back on the last round. The only trouble I had was caused by the magazine. These are non firefomed cases and I didn't have my 7.62x39 magazine. One shot didn't fully strip the round from the Grendel mag but a firm tap on the bottom of the mag sent the bolt home.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
  • BigBluePup

Nice,
    I plan on running a Surefire SOCOM on mine,
    Pretty spendy cans but I think it'll be worth it.

Comment

• BigBluePup

Do you have load data on the rounds you where using?

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Thats great!! I use a Cyclone on my grendel all the time but I havent tried to load any subs for it... May have to give it a try now.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

They are a lot of fun. I've put a few critters out of their misery with them. I like it when I pop one and the others with it don't even flinch. Almost seems unfair...

There were several threads going about the development of these loads a while back. It took some digging but here they are.

Its been a little while since anyone posted on this so i thought I would ask again Anyone come up with a action cycling 6.5 Grendel Subsonic Load yet ? I itching to shoot some coyotes with the grendel QUIETLY :):) Thanks Smoke

I've made a few attempts to develop a subsonic load for my Grendel (20" Satern) with out much success. I started using 140 grain Hornady spire points, trail boss, fire formed Winchester 7.62 cases and Federal LR magnum match primers. My first charge of 5.5g resulted in a stuck bullet. Second attempt with 8 grains of TB

Finally got around to doing this. These are my subsonic loads described in this thread -http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?2271-Anyone-come-up-with-a-action-Cycling-Subsonic-Load-yet/page3 Calibration test- steel BB fired at 700 FPS. Block of gel is 14" deep. I would like it to be deeper but that was the best

My load is 13.7 grains of 8208 from a sized but not fire-fomed 7.62x39 case. Rem 9 1/2 primer and full crimp with a Lee FCD.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• BigBluePup

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice vid. TX.
              We wish we ALL had supps. for hunting.

Comment

Awesome!

txgunner, I credit you with planting the seed of desire for a suppressor when you brought yours to the BotW that June day nearly a year ago. My 7.62 Ti Phantom is still in BATF jail for several months, but I can't wait to get the email from the Silencer Shop that my stamp has arrived.

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Glad I can help.

I still need to get a 7.62 can myself. The moons just haven't aligned yet.

Comment

• usmc1371
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2011

can you use a 6.8 can instead of a 7.62 can?

Comment

• BjornF16
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by usmc1371 View Post
                      can you use a 6.8 can instead of a 7.62 can?
                      Yes, you can use a 6.8 can for the Grendel…just make sure the threads match.

The reason why some use the 7.62 can is so they can use it on .308 as well. The 6.8 can might be slightly quieter...
                      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                      X