Has anyone got a bolt or barrel from CSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Has anyone got a bolt or barrel from CSS?

CSS, Competition Shooting Sports, say they have Grendel Type II Bolts in stock and available for $65. I sent an e-mail since they have no phone number and he replied that you have to order on line only and you can get up to 2 blots per order. I don't want to spend another $130 and not get anything. I had the same issue with Tactical Ammunition for 4 months and they show bolts in stock again too. Not playing that game again with them.

Has anyone ordered from CSS and received anything? They also claim to have Grendel Barrels in stock too.

Bolt link: http://www.competitionshooting.com/c...tegory33/p1616

Barrel link: http://www.competitionshooting.com/c...tegory33/p1612
  • Blueroan1971

I emailed and asked about the barrel combo and timeframe of delivery ! Waiting for response ! Would be nice to get a barrel without the wait I need one now !

Comment

I ordered and received a barrel and bolt about 2 years ago. It took 6 months for my order to be filled. As I understand it, this is about normal for custom barrels.

Comment

• peligro113
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2013

I asked about a grendel barrel and bolt a week ago and I was quoted 1.5 months for delivery using the .135 depth bolt and the .300 neck chamber with compound throat

Comment

• aclark
          Warrior
          • Dec 2011

I placed my order on April 20th and still haven't received it yet. Have been told multiple times that its "one month out", but my order is still tagged as "new" in their system. I've kind of given up hope, and if it arrives it arrives. Meanwhile I jumped in on the Lilja group buy. Lets see who's faster!

Comment

• peligro113
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2013

I am glad I went the Lilja route..lol. CSS gets their barrels made by Lothar Walther which quoted me 2.5-3 months for a barrel and bolt, but I was going to go with CSS because it would save me about $35 in taxes which I would have had to pay because LW is located in GA.

Comment

• Walter
              Warrior
              • Jan 2013

I ordered direct from Lothar Walther. I was told 2 weeks a few months ago. Are CSS and Lothar Walther connected? I did send a deposit as it was to be 2 weeks. I am starting to wonder if the deposit was a good idea.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                I ordered direct from Lothar Walther. I was told 2 weeks a few months ago. Are CSS and Lothar Walther connected? I did send a deposit as it was to be 2 weeks. I am starting to wonder if the deposit was a good idea.
                CSS is apparently functioning as the consumer marketing arm for LW. CSS, when it became involved with the Grendel, was owned by Arne Brennan, who helped develop the cartridge, before Bill Alexander carried it forward by working with Lapua to develop the brass specifically for the cartridge. Arne sold to LW 5-6 years ago, maybe a little more.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

CSS is the distributor for LW. I just hate there post of "In Stock", it's nothing but a CROCK of $hit! I have sold my freinds on the Grendel and nothing available, now they are waiting too.

I also ordered a Grendel barrel and bolt from LW 2 months ago now and paid in full ($490). I'm getting ready to call Woody and give him some input as to my feelings. If they say 4 to 6 weeks and it's 8 to 10 weeks, that is not good business. Woody told me 6 weeks on my 223 Wylde and it was 6 weeks. I'm not too pissed as I have other uppers to shoot but I want my barrel!! Sound like a kid and feel like one but want deliveries dates to be wet. If you pay up front and that was part of the deal, deliver or don't put a timeline.

So, I was more so just wondering about the Bolts, I'll just wait and get them thru the bolt deal we have going with Maxim Firearms.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                    CSS is apparently functioning as the consumer marketing arm for LW. CSS, when it became involved with the Grendel, was owned by Arne Brennan, who helped develop the cartridge, before Bill Alexander carried it forward by working with Lapua to develop the brass specifically for the cartridge. Arne sold to LW 5-6 years ago, maybe a little more.
                    Thanks, I thought it was something like this...

Comment

• Walter
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2013

Tedward you posted about that, then I called him. When I talked with him he told me 2 weeks. I ask him several times if he was sure and he said two weeks. That was 2 months ago. I do wish if people tell you something and they say they are sure, they do what they say. I did order 2 and just changed it to one because of the group buy.

Comment

• Tedward
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        Tedward you posted about that, then I called him. When I talked with him he told me 2 weeks. I ask him several times if he was sure and he said two weeks. That was 2 months ago. I do wish if people tell you something and they say they are sure, they do what they say. I did order 2 and just changed it to one because of the group buy.
                        I just spoke to Woody today too. He said the 20",22" and 24" are all in the process of getting finished up. It will be 3 weeks till they start to ship and they will go out the door in the order they are ready, not in the order the order was placed. That confused me so he said, the 20" are going first then the 22's and 24's. If you ordered a 24" in June and a 20" in June, the 20" will go first and you will receive the 24" after that.

So just use what ever upper you have and the barrels will be here before Christmas.

Comment

Don't hold your breath! I've been waiting since January.

Comment

• Tedward
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                            Don't hold your breath! I've been waiting since January.
                            Thanks! I needed that... If I don't get anything in 4 weeks, I'll request a refund.

Comment

• aclark
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2011

I emailed Woody on July 27th and was told if I ordered then it would be 44-60 days. I sent a follow up email asking a few other questions and about the best way to order. Never a response. Hoping this Lilja group buy goes through and comes in before my CSS so I can cancel it.

Also asked CSS to give me a REAL eta, I didn't care if it was 5 months, just tell me its 5 months. Got an email saying they were working on 18" (not what I ordered) and they'd be starting the next batch when those were finished....

Comment

Working...
                              X