CCI Small Rifle Military Primers #41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCI Small Rifle Military Primers #41

Anybody ever try these for the Grendel they are the only small rifle primers I can find on the shelf and I live in Alaska where I can't order anything Hazmat and I just used my last 450's, either I find primers or start counseling sessions.
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I wish I could find those on the shelves here!

I've been wondering how they'd work with the Grendel, FWIW.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

#41's are excellent for the Grendel, and though I use others too, they're my first preference.
      Drifter

Comment

Thanks Drifter, have you ever tried them next to CCI 450's? Is there a noticeable difference in velocity between the two.

Comment

• Michael
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

Nimrod - these are the only primers I use. Mainly because I got a great deal on 5000 before the most recent craziness.
          I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
          - Voltaire

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

"We recommend using CCI M41 Primers in all loads for the 5.56 but not for the 223. Using a Magnum Primer with load data designed for non-magnum primers is good way to get a medical bill or at the least a Gunsmith bill. The M41 is a Milspec primer and has a harder primer cup to prevent slamfires and a hotter primer charge to help with cold weather ignition. Having discussed this with Bill at AA and CCI, we have come to the conclusion that the CCI 41 primer is basically the same primer charge as a CCI 450. I have used both in our 6.5 Grendel loads. Have not had any issues with either, except for some rifles with match trigger in which the hammer springs were lighted to decrease trigger pull. Then the Hammer didn't have sufficient energy to ignite the harder M41 Primers. We have since gone to all CCI 450 Primers. One item we did learn is that using Federal primers had a tendency to "empty mags real fast". So they are a no GO!!" Precision Firearms

There are lots and lots of Primer threads guys! Search is your friend!

Comment

Thanks Bwaites, I tried the search engine but couldn't bring up anything specifically on the CCI #41 primer and didn't want to attempt reading every post that mentioned "primer" in it to find the answer to my question because by then we wouldn't even be using projectile weapons any longer.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                Warrior
                • Oct 2012

Happily that isn't your only choice!

Use this:

that way you can use a standard boolean search process...it is a snap...you can put in the specific pimer question you have and you can read the answer while you are still young...no sweat!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                  Happily that isn't your only choice!

Use this:

that way you can use a standard boolean search process...it is a snap...you can put in the specific pimer question you have and you can read the answer while you are still young...no sweat!
                  Anyone know how often that search database is updated?
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Yes, thank the google search worked much better, lots of info there. I just didn't get any hits on the forums search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Nimrod - these are the only primers I use. Mainly because I got a great deal on 5000 before the most recent craziness.
                      Me, too. #41 is all I use for .223

Comment

Yahoo, found 2,000 CCI 41's, back in business!

Comment

Many thousands of CC! 41's are on the shelf at Bruno's.

Comment

I live in Alaska so I can't order anything like primers or powder.

Comment

Working...
                            X