AR15 Build Box Pre Black Rifle Friday Build-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 Build Box Pre Black Rifle Friday Build-Up

For all those of you getting ready for Black Rifle Friday, AR15 Build Boxes will be on sale for $19.97, and we eat the shipping.

Excellent for personal build projects, gifts, AR15 smiths, professional coaters, retailers who carry AR15 parts, and parts distributors.

Shipping your parts off to be professionally worked on? Need a fast packaging solution that protects your parts in a purpose-built, sandwiched, high density, closed-cell foam system?

Waiting on those last critical components to complete your AR15 Build, but your parts are deciding to hide from you in the bubble wrap and packing paper-filled boxes?

Here's a solution for all the needs above and more. It slices, it dices, and is ready to spawn more detachable box magazine-fed, military-style semi-automatic creations as fast as you can fill it and assemble them!

There's going to be a new wave of AR15 builders hitting the market in the post-Sandy Hook era. Think how many hundreds of thousands of people bought AR15's for the first time, and are starting to figure out that they can put together one themselves.

If I had a time machine
    If I could go back in time to myself, I would have taken all the money wasted on stupid impulse buys at gun shows and gun shops, and put that money towards AR15 parts. Stupid buys I made when I was much younger:

* Mossberg Shotgun (FTExtract 50% of the time...minus $239)
    * Stupid stocks and accessories for shotguns (minus ~$300)
    * Mini-14 (jam-o-matic) (minus $275 purchased in 1993)
    * Stupid gun show gimmick after-market stocks and accessories for Mini-14
    * USA and Pro-Mags for Mini-14 (one wouldn't even lock into the gun, the others all failed)

* Crappy .22 LR conversion kit for the AR15 that didn't work (minus $129.95)
    * Gun show gimmicks like the trigger that's supposed to help you bump-fire (doesn't work, is totally wothless, minus $20)
    * Stupid holsters that are complete garbage, can't be used to carry comfortably or securely, usually ~$20 x umpteen attempts to find a good one
    * More expensive stupid holsters that only fill up my trail of tears holster box
    * Really expensive 3-point slings with huge buckles and poor mounting systems that rattle, and dump the gun upside-down when released (minus $89.95)

* Unnecessary AR15 pistol grips that break in cold weather
    * $640 Quick Barrel Change Uppers that now sit in boxes unused (think of all the usable parts I could have purchased....)

The Value Added List
    As I've gotten older, I've learned to be very discerning about my purchases. Interestingly enough, I don't have any regrets about the following purchases:

* AR15's
    * AR15 lowers
    * AR15 complete uppers
    * AR15 barrels (quality)
    * Basically any quality AR15 parts
    * Quality or USGI AR15 magazines
    * Military Surplus equipment: I still have all of the ALICE gear, ponchos, poncho liners, etc. that I started collecting as a kid. When my dad says we need to go buy camping equipment, I dig into some duffel bags and storage, pull out rucks and existence load gear for everyone, and we're done.

I have always walked away with more money than I invested when I have sold an AR15 on rare occasions (especially during the Clinton ban).

If I could go back in time and slap the crap out of myself, I would take this list and give it to myself. Think how many SP-1's and rare semi-auto rifles I could have owned at a fraction of today's costs. I remember when lowers were always under $100, and Colt AR15's could be had for $400-$600. I used to sit in class and read through parts distributors lists for AR15's even in the 1980's.

If I could tell myself what to buy, I would have bought everything AR15 related that was quality or rare, and stored them for future builds. I would not have spent a dime on all the gimmick, cheap $20 gun show garbage impulse buys, or terrible holsters.

The only Mini-14 stuff I would have gotten, if any, would have been stainless folder factory Mini-14's and Stainless Ruger 30rd mags, but I wouldn't have because I would have spent the money on AR15 stuff instead.

For those of you with similar experiences, what would you not buy, and what do you wish you bought?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

Could I get a Grendel loading manual shipped free in the box as well
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

I feel your pain! I try not to think about the expensive learning curve I have had with the gun owner experience. I don't think I will display all of my dirty laundry here, "Its too embarrassing", but don't think you are alone in this department. Like in the early 80's I was able to purchase full auto M-16 lowers for $150 which I passed over, a converted full auto MP5 I let go for $600 are some of the few bad memory's I try to repress. I don't even want to think about all the new and latest garbage I had to spend my money on. Like all educations it cost money so in that regards maybe we have gotten our moneys worth but it can still be frustrating to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
          Could I get a Grendel loading manual shipped free in the box as well
          I need to put a packaged deal on the site. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

• Michael
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

Bought? Silver Bear 5.56/223 ammo. Wish I'd bought? More Federal SOST and Lake City green tip 5.56 ammo.
            I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
            - Voltaire

Comment

I would have snagged some Colt Sporter II 7.62x39 AR15's as well.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                Chieftain
                • May 2012

Heck just buying a python 10 years ago would have tripled your money let alone the Cold War size down goodies

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

I got sucked in by a Mini in the mid-80's. Half the cost of an AR but only 10% of the utility. What I wish I had in the safe is a Grendel Ultra Lite. What a carbine!
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

If I would have just saved up more, I could have bough a Colt SP-1 or Sporter II Carbine. Instead, I wasted money on a lot of lesser guns that I have no use for in the long run.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

There is but one weapon I do not regret selling or trading away (A CZ-720 which never fit me). Sold off during an impulsive moment that a little extra time and patience could have prevented, I wish I could have kept all the rest of those wonderful weapons. As far as I'm concerned, just about any weapon is welcome in my gun safe. (Even that Mini-14, which was accurate within a minute of car door.)

So, the only regrets from the past have to do with allowing the voices in my head to convince me that I needed to make room for the next toy du jour, and sacrifice a completely serviceable and reliable firearm.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Black Rifle Friday is quickly approaching. Think of those family and friends that would be ecstatic to receive a Build Box with maybe a lower or some other starter parts to get them on their way.

We're still keeping the sale price at $19.97, shipping included!

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2012

still no handbook build box package...

Comment

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                            still no handbook build box package...
                            Added. http://ar15buildbox.com/Store.html

Comment

I resisted the purchase of an AR for a couple of decades since I first coveted one. Oh - how I wish I could have that 20 years back!!!!!!

At least I got into them about 5 years ago - and was pretty much satiated - from a practical standpoint - before the world got crazy. I still would like a few more, but I have enough that I can tell myself I don't need any more. I have my Grendel build, my .450 bushy, a .22 tac sol conversion, a couple .223's and enough lowers for everyone in the household.
                              Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X