• May 2012

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    purchased thanks
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• aclark
      Warrior
      • Dec 2011

LRR I just purchased a book, but didn't get the box because I knew some of my parts weren't going to fit. I am interested in the packaged deal though. If you haven't shipped mine can we make the adjustment? I can PM you the order details if you need.

Comment

We're still offering the holiday pricing where we eat the shipping. If you are looking for a great gift idea, the AR15 Build Box takes up a lot of space under the tree, and lets the recipient use their imagination as to what they will create.

Having a hard time bringing a family member or friend around to the dark side of freedom? Channel their own creativity by pushing them over the cliff with their very own AR15 Build Box.

Comment

• maverick5582

Past regrets

"For those of you with similar experiences, what would you not buy, and what do you wish you bought?"

I cut my teeth for my gunsmithing on Finnish Mosin-Nagants. I have changed barrels and made many mods to them. The one I regret buying is the Rumanian PSL. Barrel to thin, wrapped-up like a limp noodle when you shoot it. Replaced the barrel with a turned-down machine gun barrel. Hate the AK-47 style receiver with rivets.

All this led me to my first AR-15. I have never liked the 5.56" round. If the Grendel had not been around I would not have started on an AR-15. I love the 6.5 bullet. I also have a Savage 6.5-284 that I changed to a 28" Shilen barrel.

I wish I had started with an AR-15 years ago, but I am hard-headed.

Most of my friends at the range are either retired military or active military at Ft. Bragg, so the pressure to get into an AR platform has been intense. The Grendel fits my needs and this forum has been a blessing. Thank you, guys.

Comment

• explorecaves

Just ordered a box for me and the combo (sent to another address as a gift).

Comment

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
              Just ordered a box for me and the combo (sent to another address as a gift).
              Thanks for your support. Both your orders went out yesterday.

One of our customers recently shared with me how much fun he had with his sons building their AR's together, using the AR15 Build Boxes. They really do make excellent gift ideas, and we are humbled by the response we have seen from you all. We will continue to eat the shipping in the Holiday spirit, and thank everyone again. Have a very wonderful time with your families and enjoy these moments together.

We lost my MIL unexpectedly this year, so we are still trying to find our way through the holidays. I haven't said anything about it because I try to keep personal things in their places, but I just wanted to ask everyone to hug your loved ones like it's the last time you'll see them. We sure miss our grammy, who was more active than me, and such a central role in our family. She was your best friend as soon as you met her, and she lit up any room she was in, just a really top-notch lady.

We really wish she was here for her grandkids. Encourage your family members who are of age to get their colonoscopies. It is the silent killer.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Thanks for your support. Both your orders went out yesterday.

One of our customers recently shared with me how much fun he had with his sons building their AR's together, using the AR15 Build Boxes. They really do make excellent gift ideas, and we are humbled by the response we have seen from you all. We will continue to eat the shipping in the Holiday spirit, and thank everyone again. Have a very wonderful time with your families and enjoy these moments together.

We lost my MIL unexpectedly this year, so we are still trying to find our way through the holidays. I haven't said anything about it because I try to keep personal things in their places, but I just wanted to ask everyone to hug your loved ones like it's the last time you'll see them. We sure miss our grammy, who was more active than me, and such a central role in our family. She was your best friend as soon as you met her, and she lit up any room she was in, just a really top-notch lady.

We really wish she was here for her grandkids. Encourage your family members who are of age to get their colonoscopies. It is the silent killer.
                Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to all that are missing loved ones this holiday season. I lost my grandfather to a heart attack this summer. As for the build boxes, the plan is to build them together. Then in a couple years, start on the 67 AC Cobra repla-car build.

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

My sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

• explorecaves

Received it this morning. Great product. Only complaint I have is is my assembled lower with Magpul PRS stock does not fit (too long). Not too worried about it as I am mainly using the box to hold the parts to my upper build.

Comment

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                      Received it this morning. Great product. Only complaint I have is is my assembled lower with Magpul PRS stock does not fit (too long). Not too worried about it as I am mainly using the box to hold the parts to my upper build.
                      Glad you got your Build Box. For the PRS, before it is installed, you can place the PRS in the slot, with the extension tube already inserted into the lower if you want them all contained in the Build Box as you await other parts.

The slot for the lower receiver also has a removable piece that will fit the Seekins Precision billet lower with the reversed scallop magwell.

Comment

• explorecaves

Already built the lower so it is not a big deal for it to sit in the safe. Looks like it might just fit if I were to remove that foam section against the butt pad of the stock. Just FYI.

Comment

I was asking myself what you would use the box for after you finish your build but, then it occurred to me....

You start a new build!

Comment

Originally posted by jfornelli View Post
                            I was asking myself what you would use the box for after you finish your build but, then it occurred to me....

You start a new build!

Comment

• explorecaves

After these 2 grendels I am building, I have my wife's .223 and then my .300BLK to build. What to build after that…… 458SOCOM? AR Pistol? AK-47? AK-74? Decisions, decisions….

Comment

Working...
                              X