X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamjp
    Warrior
    • Oct 2014

I just want Hornady to get of their arse and offer it to their INTERNATIONAL Distributors.

Can you please pass a message back to "Mitch" that GAP does not export and there are a fair few 6.5 SAUM (and other SAUM users) outside the USA who are looking for a source of SAUM brass. If necessary, he could contact me directly.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

adamjp,

In view of the tentative timetable provided me, today, re the production, release of Hornady factory 6.5mm SAUM brass, initially, to GA Precision, I'd wait a while longer, before contacting Hornady, directly.

Here's contact info for Jason Hornady, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Hornady Manufacturing:
      Phone: 1(800)338-3220 Ext 239
      Email: jhornady@hornady.com

Comment

• waveslayer
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

now we just need to get DTA to release the MDR! 2016 could be a good year, new SAUM brass. MDR and new president!

for those that have never used auto correct before
        Last edited by waveslayer; 09-23-2015, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Speech recognition should be made illegal on a technical forum. (Although it has made for some entertaining posts, from time to time.)

Speech recognition should be made illegal on the technical form. (Although it has maids for some entertaining posts, from time to time.)
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Proof reading has already been made illegal��
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
              Warrior
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
              John, here's the latest.

I just got off the phone with "Mitch" in the Engineering Dept. at Hornady Manufacturing. He confirmed the statement I received from GA Precision, earlier today, "We [GA Precision] recently returned test samples [Hornady factory 6.5mm GAP SAUM brass] to Hornady. And, they looked good! We're waiting to hear from Hornady re a production date."

Mitch clarified that this initial production of factory 6.5mm GAP SAUM brass is assigned to GA Precision (It's ready to load, use in 6.5mm GAP SAUM chambers). And, interested parties can contact GA Precision for the Hornady factory brass. Mitch suggested that this initial factory production lot should be delivered to GA Precision, around Thanksgiving.

Mitch and I shared the hope that the popularity of the cartridge will prompt Hornady to offer factory-loaded 6.5mm SAUM ammunition, in the future.
              To update: The Hornady 6.5 GAP 4S SAUM brass is in! https://www.facebook.com/GAprecision...ype=3&theater1

Comment

• Casper77
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2015

And... it's sold out. Must be popular!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Cool development! Good on 'em. . . .
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Casper77 View Post
                    And... it's sold out. Must be popular!
                    http://longrangehunting.com/forums/f...1/#post1146207

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by waveslayer View Post
                      now we just need to get DTA to release the MDR! 2016 could be a good year, new SAUM brass. MDR and new president! . . .
                      "Once a free-floating-barreled, short-action auto-loading Bullpup, such as the upcoming Desert Tech MDR, establishes that sub-MOA accuracy, indeed, is doable, that capability opens the door to experimenting with short-action magnum cartridges, such as the 6.5mm SAUM." --- http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?to...5740#msg115740

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2013

New from Hornady: 6.5 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) (https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...fle-cartridge/)

(https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/r...gr-eld-match#!)

Comment

• js8588
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                          Yeah, I'm really excited about this cartridge as a hunting round.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2013

(https://www.facebook.com/GAprecisionrifle/)

Comment

• Texas
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                              I under stand the concept of low pressure extending the barrel life and I don't doubt the figures I just tint think that is typical for such a cartridge sending that much powder into the barrel will wear on the throat regardless of pressure and he is getting greater barrel lif so far than many lower pressure cartridges that said I think his barrel must be an exceptional example of what ever style of riffling and steel it is
                              This actually makes a lot of sense with the slower burning powder. I remember loading 30/06 with 4831 and 4895. With the 4831 the case would come out of the action so hot that it could not be held and after a few rounds, the chamber area would be hot to the touch. With the 4895, the case would come out of the action cool enough that it could be held in a closed hand and after a few rounds the last 12 inches of the barrel would be warm or hot to the touch.

It would seem that 4831 would be harder on the throat than the 4895 which appeared to be burning more toward the end of the barrel. The net result from the two powders was the same velocity (165gr sierra BTHP).

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2013

(https://www.ar15.com/forums/precisio...3-6866/#i93115)

Comment

Working...
                                X