Fire Control Group - Geissele S3G
    Silent Captured Spring - JP Enterprises
    Hand Grip - Hogue 15000
    Gas Block - JP Enterprises
    Hand Guard - Seekins Precision SP3R V2 Mod Rail System -12
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

I like the BOX...The JP Silent Capture is great. I use them with the JP Gas Blocks like you have too, good system. I also use there LMOS bolt carrier and I will say it is very smooth shooting. The Silent Capture buffer makes the biggest difference, at least oen you can't hear. (don't forget the spacer for the SC buffer, I don't see yours in the box)

As for the Hand Grip, I need another. Been looking at the Ergo because there a little soft and not just hard plastic. So since you have one, I have been wondering if the Hogue is hard plastic or a little textured? Let me know please...

Also what barrel are you going did you order???

Comment

• Buster
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

I use Hogue grips on all my AR's; textured and fits my hand well, even thought this unit is will be for my #1 son.
      He is the one who turned me on to the Hogue grips...we use them exclusively on our AR's and 1911s.

This unit will have the AR740 /20"/fluted barrel.

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

OK, sort of sums up the grip, I just looked at them at Brownells and think I'll give it a try.

I also went with the AR740, but not fluted. Can't wait, I have a 24" Stoner and like it but its a little heavy. Though of cutting it down but back and forth till the Lilja buy came along. I want to see how the 20" feels and might just keep the heavy 24 for paper punching. Cool factor too...

What butt stock are leaning toward??

Comment

• Lead Chucker

The Hogue grips are great, I use them on all my AR's also. I really need to try the JP silent capture spring and buffer!

Comment

• TheDroz66
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2013

Very nice set up. I am building one very similar. I too am going with the 20" 740 but went with a non fluted barrel. I can't tell from the picture but is that the clamp on adjustable gas block from JP Enterprises? I am also running the Seekins SP3R in 15" and want to run a clamp on adjustable gas block, but am having some problems finding one that will fit under the hand guard. If yours is the adjustable clamp on, do you mind measuring from the top of the barrel to the top of the gas block? Thanks!!

JP Enterprises gas block.jpg

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TheDroz66 View Post
              Very nice set up. I am building one very similar. I too am going with the 20" 740 but went with a non fluted barrel. I can't tell from the picture but is that the clamp on adjustable gas block from JP Enterprises? I am also running the Seekins SP3R in 15" and want to run a clamp on adjustable gas block, but am having some problems finding one that will fit under the hand guard. If yours is the adjustable clamp on, do you mind measuring from the top of the barrel to the top of the gas block? Thanks!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4122[/ATTACH]
              This will fit. I have them on 3 of my barrels and one hand guard is the Troy Alpha Battle Rail. https://www.primaryarms.com/Troy-Ind...l1-15bt-01.htm

With those JP Gas Blocks you always need to use an Allen wrench to turn it a tiny bit when adjusting. Not anymore if you do like I did in the picture. I installed a knob screw to turn with my fingers and can adjust quietly and accurately.

Also you will notice the knob was long. I cut it down so it is closer and drilled a set dot for "Zero" and color filled with my daughter red finger nail polish. It works, 3-1/4 turns for 123 A-max and cycles fine. If I shoot 95 grain, turn it back 1/4 turn.

Comment

I have the set screw version of this sitting on my bench (I'm waiting on a BHW barrel). It seems quite well made and is supposes to fit under all available free float handguards. I'm liking the positive detents at each setting.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jmhallrn View Post
                  http://www.slrrifleworks.com/index.p...&product_id=74

I have the set screw version of this sitting on my bench (I'm waiting on a BHW barrel). It seems quite well made and is supposes to fit under all available free float handguards. I'm liking the positive detents at each setting.
                  I like those but never tried one. If you take the set screw out, you can replace it with one of these long know screws and adjust it with your finger rather than have to pull out an allen wrench, line it up, turn it till the "L" part hits the barrel and so on.

Knurld Head Thumb Screw- http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-knobs/=p8et8b
                  then click the narrow head screw, select 6/32 and the length to got out of the hand guard. See the detail at the bottom of this link. http://www.mcmaster.com/#91746A539
                  Last edited by Tedward; 11-04-2013, 02:23 PM. Reason: link update

Comment

That would be an excellent upgrade, but mine is going under a 15" rail. I think I'll have to stick with the long allen wrench. Actually, now that I think of it, the detents are created by slots milled down the length of the screw, so it would take some work.

Comment

• TheDroz66
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by jmhallrn View Post
                      http://www.slrrifleworks.com/index.p...&product_id=74

The DA7 was my first choice, but it will not fit under the SP3R rail. I spoke with Todd at SLR and he confirmed this. It is so close .02". The Set screw version may work, but I wanted to go with a clamp on GB.

Comment

• Buster
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2012

If yours is the adjustable clamp on, do you mind measuring from the top of the barrel to the top of the gas block? Thanks!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4122[/ATTACH]

Comment

• TheDroz66
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2013

Buster, sorry I didn't mean to hijack your post.

Thanks so much for measuring your GB!! That is what I was hoping for - plenty of room and no rubbing on the HG. I think I will also try what Tedward did with the adjustment knob as long as it lines up with one of the holes on my HG.

Did you decide on a stock yet?

Comment

• Buster
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2012

Did you decide on a stock yet?
                            No decision for stock as of yet...

Comment

Interesting that the Silent Captured Spring fits in the Bolt Carrier Group slot. You can also cut the buffer slot down in the lower RH corner to fit the SCS if you want.

Did you get the Build Box from me, or another vendor? Looks great so far! We've been seeing increased sales to small AR15 shops, hence the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X