• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by A_National_Acrobat View Post
    Thanks Vascar2; My TC is the .136.
    That means resizing 7.62*39 brass is a no go too than? Too bad I have over 4500 large BR primers. I bought them for my 5r 300 winney 700 Rem., That won't get used in 3 lifetimes.��
    You CAN resize 7.62x39 brass and use in the grendel, but may be disappointed with the results.
    I did a 20 round Lapua 7.62x39 resized brass test, using Fed 210 primers for my RAP. The lessened case capacity has convinced me not to go much further with the experiment. It's hard enough to get enough powder in the case for good velocity as it is with factory 6.5 grendel brass.
    Others have posted on the forum of short case life for reloaders, fast primer pocket enlargement.

Comment

• A_National_Acrobat
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2019

Good to know. I will just get some Grendal brass, probably from AA and work up some loads. Thanks again. For all the great information.

Comment

• jacksonliam341
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2022

And Bill Alexander did note that the rebated rim of the Beowulf could be designed to be like unto the diameter of the 7.62x39. And Colt had discovered that the rim of 7.62x39 was thicker than the rim of 5.56.

And Colt did recognize that rim thickness was important, and they did make the depth of the face greater than the bolt of the 5.56, and this did allow the extractor to have greater purchase, yea and that did allow the bolt to work more effectively.

And Bill Alexander saw that it was good, and he did design the bolt of the Beowulf to be like unto the bolts that Colt did produce in the past. And he did make some enhancements, for verily, verily, there were enhancements to be made.

And it was good, and thus Beowulf came to be, and it became much desired. And Alexander Arms did begin to sell many of the Beowulfs and great was the demand for ammunition and rifles.
        Gordon Bullard & Company

Comment

Working...
        X