X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aclark
    Warrior
    • Dec 2011

Here's a quick phone snap shot for now. Pay no attention to the red nipple, that's Lilja's thread protector for shipping.

Currently its wearing a thread protector made by a local shooter, and it will have a Killer Innovations (http://www.shop.killer-innovations.c...308stdtblk.htm) brake on it soon.

The AR Stoner BCG is going to be replaced with a PSA premium as of tomorrow. The scope mount ended up being a SWFA SSALT mount, same as the PEPR only $20 cheaper. The gas block is a Troy low profile.

Think that fills in most the info that was left out of the OP.

Oh yea, and its become apparent that I need a bigger charging handle. Probably end up with a BCM mod 3 (large).
    Last edited by aclark; 05-20-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• aclark
      Warrior
      • Dec 2011

Got a Killer Industries brake on it and got it back to the range on Sunday. Got it actually sighted in, and this is a sub MOA gun for sure, even in my hands, which are very inexperienced.

Image courtesy of Gunbunnies photographer Mark Smith

Some cell shots at the workbench.

Last edited by aclark; 10-20-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• lamrith
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Awesome, mine looks allot like that but a different stock.
        How do you like the Killer Innovations brake? Which one did you go with the 5/8-24 308 version?
        Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
        18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
        SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
        16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
        Anderson Pistol lower:
        16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
        6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• aclark
          Warrior
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by lamrith View Post
          Awesome, mine looks allot like that but a different stock.
          How do you like the Killer Innovations brake? Which one did you go with the 5/8-24 308 version?
          The brake is great. A buddy has a gill brake on his, which is VERY concussing to surrounding shooters, and still isn't as soft shooting as the KI brake. I went with the ".308 Tapered standard brake (black)" since I got the 5/8" threading for more brake options over the 9/16" AA threading. Below you can see the brake closer up. I had to grind the crush washer a tad to get it to index correctly at the correct torque, but it tapers pretty well back to the barrel

Comment

• lamrith
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Thanks for the extra info!! So the KI is gentle to fellow people at the range? That is a big concern as I shoot at a club and often have new and younger shooters in the range.

I have the 13" Troy alpha on my 18" barrel one.
            Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
            18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
            SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
            16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
            Anderson Pistol lower:
            16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
            6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS

Comment

• aclark
              Warrior
              • Dec 2011

The KI brake is very gentle to surrounding shooters. One guy stood to the right of me while I was shooting and said it wasn't concussing at all.

Just looked at your build thread, and its coming along nicely along with some nice groups. Hopefully I can get out one more time and shoot 100 and 200yds and remember to take pics of my targets.

Comment

Working...
              X