My Boy's First Deer - Grendelized!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your a blessed dad to have such a fulfilling bond with your kids. What do you think of the blackout as far as hunting goes. It doesn't come close to the Grendel in accuracy but I suppose 1-200 yrds it will do?

Comment

My buddy shot a spike about this same size with my 300BLK a couple weeks later. Used 110gr. Barnes TAC-bullets in my reloads, and it was another bang-flop on the deer. I was impressed. I will be using it on some pigs this weekend.

Comment

my daughter hit her first last year, 243 savage that she and I built, now im building an AR for her, played the whole SOPMOD catalog thing with her to let her pick and try each sight, handguard, grip and stock for herself. Had parts laying around to demo and to get stuff together for my new shop I plan on opening soon... I watched my daughter wake up from a sound sleep last year, shoot the deer and then watch it get cut up, she'd never seen it before, was funny to watch her face.

Comment

• bluebird
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2013

Great pic!

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Tell your son congratulations, Very impressive for a 7 year old, most of us like sneaky stated didn't get to hunt till we were 12 years old.

Comment

• jluck
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

AWESOME!! I know the best hunt for me ever was watching my oldest son shoot his first cow elk.

Comment

Working...
              X