Volume 2 - 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume 2 - 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Update: Copies of the handbook are at AR15Buildbox.com and deliveries have started!

Full Title: 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook, Volume 2 - Reloading for Hunting

Volume 2 strongly emphasizes handloading the 6.5 Grendel for the hunting role. We have more than 200 loads for many of the 80-plus 6.5 caliber bullets that are suitable for varmints and medium game hunting. One of our forum members who started as an Alaskan hunting guide and is now a Grand Slam hunter wrote a fascinating introduction illustrating why the 6.5 caliber is a good choice for medium game. Chapters in the handbook also highlight which bullets in the 6.5 Grendel make the most sense for particular weight classes of game while remembering that a heavy bullet will always work on smaller animals. These recommendations are underpinned by ballistic gelatin tests of several bullets with the results shown in the Chapter on terminal ballistics. We have updated the discussion of available commercial rifles and ammunition.

Read more about the book by clicking here: 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook, Volume 2.

The discussion has links to suppliers, but you can go to one of these places if you are in a hurry and know you want to buy:

Send a copy of your resale permit to get a wholesale price list:

Books@ShootersNotes.com

A few questions pop up about what is new and how much is duplicated between Volume 1 and Volume 2. The table of contents are here to help get a better feeling for the flavor of each:

Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2014, 03:26 PM.

I'll have an order option for it by this evening.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

Then that's me pressing F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 then.

Comment

• explorecaves

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Explorecaves - We feel the same way after finally getting this volume off to the printer.

Comment

• Blacklab
            Warrior
            • Mar 2012

Awesome guys!! Looking forward to reading it.
            Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              I'll have an order option for it by this evening.
              Not to be pushy, but it's evening… LOL

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

I've seen it, and I couldn't be much more impressed! I actually think it surpasses volume I in many ways!

Great job guys!

Comment

• PA_Allen
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Congrats men. I appreciate all the hard work!
                  Best,
                  PA_Allen

Comment

Woo hoo.

Now how do I get one I can't wait?

Comment

Sorry it took so long to fight with my website. I've been trying to censor the profanity that was trying to flow from my mouth, but the website owned me.

Anyway, at least I was able to add Volume II and provide ways for you to order. Thanks for your patience.

These should start shipping by the 1st of the year, and the printer is cranking them out as of today. It's been a long year working on Volume II, and we are really pleased with the way it turned out, and thank everyone for their support. When you get this in your hands, you're going to see right away that we're in a whole different ballpark than Volume I.

The terminal ballistics testing, bullet selection for game type and weight, detailed reloading procedures, and extensive load tables really set this apart from any reloading or hunting work I have seen so far.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

So, to be clear the field to the right of where it says Volume II...Under Region, Quantity, and Combo deals...the default selection US 23.95 + First Class $26.87

is what you are meant to select to get one copy of Volume II...Correct?

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Just ordered mine looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                            So, to be clear the field to the right of where it says Volume II...Under Region, Quantity, and Combo deals...the default selection US 23.95 + First Class $26.87

is what you are meant to select to get one copy of Volume II...Correct?
                            That's it. I included a drop-down for different regions (EU/Pacific), as well as combo deals with Volume I. Also, if you go to "Store", there are Build Box Combo deals you can get Vol I, Vol II, or both with the AR15 Build Box, which I am still offering at the holiday rate where we eat the shipping.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2012

Done, and also keenly looking forward to reading!

Comment

Working...
                              X