Volume 2 - 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually looking forward to having the production version on my desktop as much as the rest of you. We have proofs right now, which blew me away when I opened the envelope and pulled mine out. We did our final editing, hashed some things back and forth, and made some tweaks here and there.

This thing is like a high-end professional Sniper or rifle data book in construction, but with really nice photographs, terminal ballistics tables, pictures of the projectiles next to the appropriate game recommendations, a full-on projectile list with BC's, OAL's, SD's, pictures of the bullets evaluated for the terminal ballistics testing from high velocity down to low velocity impact speeds, with the velocities listed right under them.

We'll have some teaser pics to post shortly so you can get a feel for how this offering to the horde turned out.

Comment

Here's what Volumes I and II look like next to each other. Notice that Volume II has the wire-o binding, which deals with the higher page count, and allows you to lay the handbook out on your bench or desk.

Comment

And ordered! so excited about get this book cant wait to see all the great info inside!

Comment

• explorecaves

I need two copies of Volume 2… any way to combine the shipping? I just don't see the reason for paying $50+ in shipping…..

Comment

• BjornF16
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

ordered! looking forward to it
            LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
            Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
              I need two copies of Volume 2… any way to combine the shipping? I just don't see the reason for paying $50+ in shipping…..
              If you click the options box, getting two copies of Vol II in the US is the bottom selection I think.

Comment

• explorecaves

LRRPF52 - is that last option for two books $23.95 each plus shipping of $56.77? or is $56.77 the total price for 2 shipped? I guess I am a little confused as the first option appears to say 1 book is $23.95 plus $26.87 for shipping...

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2012

I don't think so bub. This is my receipt from PayPal...I was certainly not charged so much.

6.5 Grendel Handbook Vol II Hunting
                  Item# 65VII , Region, Quantity, Combo Deals: US 23.95 + 1st Class $26.87 USD 1 $26.87 USD
                  Subtotal $26.87 USD
                  Total $26.87 USD
                  Payment $26.87 USD
                  Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *AMBUILDBOX"
                  Payment sent to orders@AR15BUILDBOX.COM

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by KentuckyBuddha View Post
                    I don't think so bub. This is my receipt from PayPal...I was certainly not charged so much.

6.5 Grendel Handbook Vol II Hunting
                    Item# 65VII , Region, Quantity, Combo Deals: US 23.95 + 1st Class $26.87 USD 1 $26.87 USD
                    Subtotal $26.87 USD
                    Total $26.87 USD
                    Payment $26.87 USD
                    Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *AMBUILDBOX"
                    Payment sent to orders@AR15BUILDBOX.COM
                    I assumed that would be the case, but wanted to be sure before I placed the order. Thanks

Edit - just placed the order for 2 and it was only $56.77 including shipping.
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Blacklab
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2012

waiting excitingly..................
                      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

The reviews and high-pressure sales techniques were too much for me. My copy has been ordered as well.

Comment

There's a drop-down menu with an option for 2. This is a substantially heavier handbook than Volume I, being that it is over 100 pages, so 2 handbooks weighs out at 1lb, which increases the shipping costs significantly. We have the option of going media mail, but we have learned the hard way that media mail means the Post Office can place our orders in limbo indefinitely, which has happened with two major bulk orders of Volume I that I was expecting weeks ago.

I didn't think anyone wanted to end up in that boat, so I opted for the 1st Class for shipping of two, versus the media mail. The difference is $9.79 vs. $2.48. $9.79 gets it to you, $2.48 can mean limbo. If you want me to send via media mail, we can arrange it easily, but I strongly recommend against it, especially this time of year.

Yeah, shipping for one Volume II Handbook is only $2.92. The combo deal is the most bang for your buck, with Volumes I & II at $39.97, which is less than a Sniper Data book from one of the major online supply sites before their shipping costs. We wanted to keep this handbook priced no more than a box of Hornady ammo, or a 1lb keg of powder, even though we spent thousands on test & evaluation, let alone the past year of effort towards this collaborative work of not only the authors, but all the amazing help and support we received from forum members.
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            There's a drop-down menu with an option for 2. This is a substantially heavier handbook than Volume I, being that it is over 100 pages, so 2 handbooks weighs out at 1lb, which increases the shipping costs significantly. We have the option of going media mail, but we have learned the hard way that media mail means the Post Office can place our orders in limbo indefinitely, which has happened with two major bulk orders of Volume I that I was expecting weeks ago.

I didn't think anyone wanted to end up in that boat, so I opted for the 1st Class for shipping of two, versus the media mail. The difference is $9.79 vs. $2.48. $9.79 gets it to you, $2.48 can mean limbo. If you want me to send via media mail, we can arrange it easily, but I strongly recommend against it, especially this time of year.

Yeah, shipping for one Volume II Handbook is only $2.92. The combo deal is the most bang for your buck, with Volumes I & II at $39.97.
                            I was just reading the drop down menu wrong. Not worried about $7 so 1st class will be fine. Now, I am just waiting for delivery. Thanks again

Comment

• Sputnik
                              Warrior
                              • May 2013

I had the same confusion. I wanted to get one for a horde friend, but told him I could only see where I could order one. I told him to order his own. Hehe! I guess I could have ordered two singles and had one shipped to his address, oh well! I am a bit computer challenged!

Comment

Two singles is actually cheaper than two in the same package because of USPS 1lb shipping rates, but is a pain to go through the ordering checkout twice for some people.

You will see right away that this is a heavier book than Volume I, and the Wire-O binding is the type that doesn't get out of the pages like spiral bound. I actually had 2 spiral bound versions printed of Volume I when we were going through the pro's and cons of each back at the end of 2012, and I hate spiral bound when the pages get off the wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X