• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Alright ordered. So we can expect Vol III by fall '14 right? HAHA
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When we set out to provide a reloading handbook for Grendel owners back in 2011, we wanted a user-friendly resource that people could hold in their hands, with reputable data in it for the load bench and component selection. Additionally, we added relevant chapters on AR15 configurations, hunting reach, chamber variations that exist in the market, detecting abnormal pressure signs, and hunting reach, followed by the Industry data from AA, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon's, and Western Powders.

We also added velocity estimator charts for different barrel lengths, and provided space for the hand-loader to accumulate their personal notes. Volume II is a major expansion on Volume I, especially on the Hunting Reach and Hunting projectile selection topics. A lot of developments have been made since we set out on Volume I, and you will see that in the over 200 different loads that are for hunting bullets, no target bullets, with the exception of the 123gr A-MAX that has been used effectively like a Nosler Ballistic Tip for years now.

There are 14 pages of load data arranged like this, which I really like. I really haven't seen a reloading work ever presented in this fashion.

Comment

• rickOshay
        Warrior
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by cory View Post
        Alright ordered. So we can expect Vol III by fall '14 right? HAHA
        Our goal is to combine updates to Vol 1 and Vol 2 (along with several more chapters) into a single volume in that timeframe.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
          Our goal is to combine updates to Vol 1 and Vol 2 (along with several more chapters) into a single volume in that timeframe.
          For those of us that have volumes 1 and 2, is there intent to have those extra chapters available separately?

Comment

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
            For those of us that have volumes 1 and 2, is there intent to have those extra chapters available separately?
            There will likely be some overlap but we haven't yet worked out the details that could give a definitive answer to the question.

We do, however, expect that the migration will not be complete, and that sections that do migrate will see significant rewrites. This, combined with new material (we hope this will be bulk of the book) could make the new version effectively a completely new work, but we won't know until we get well into the actual writing and editing.

Having arm-waved, the best thing for now is to send suggestions publicly or by PM on what you would like to see and where improvements over the existing work would be useful.

Also, as forum members do make suggestions, the rest of us should comment on (read 'discuss') the topics brought up. Those discussions are part and parcel to how we got Volumes 1 & 2 to where they are.

All of us learn a lot from honest and well-thought out debates, especially when our first two or three ideas are shown to have been less than perfect -- a lesson yours truly has learned way too many times to count!
            Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Liked volume 1, just ordered volume 2!

Comment

• stevegun 1

I agree with explorecaves, I can't wait. I didn't want to order Vol I until I could get a combo deal with Vol II, I did thanks to AR15buildbox. Now I must ask, when oh when?

This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *AMBUILDBOX. Yea!

Comment

Just ordered mine, been looking forward to Vol. II ever since I finished reading Vol. I.

Thanks guys.

Comment

We really want to extend out thanks to everyone, as we couldn't have done either of these without the support from fellow forum members.

Some general suggestions I would like to make:

If you are new to reloading for the 6.5 Grendel, you will be better served by getting the combo of both Volumes I and II, which I am seeing in the orders, along with all of you who already have Volume I that are just picking up Volume II.

Here's another sneak peak at one of the gems I personally consider in Volume II:

Comment

Some folks have been wondering what is different between the two volumes. I updated the OP so that both tables of contents show side-by-side at the bottom.

Some of the chapter titles seem similar, but the content is very different.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        We really want to extend out thanks to everyone, as we couldn't have done either of these without the support from fellow forum members.

Some general suggestions I would like to make:

If you are new to reloading for the 6.5 Grendel, you will be better served by getting the combo of both Volumes I and II, which I am seeing in the orders, along with all of you who already have Volume I that are just picking up Volume II.

Here's another sneak peak at one of the gems I personally consider in Volume II:

[IMG]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/2013-12-20003858_zps4c579cea.jpg[/IMG
                        You need a better camera so I can read the text easier.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          ...Here's another sneak peak at one of the gems I personally consider in Volume II:
                          ...and then the insight from those tests is wrapped into suggestions of what type and weight bullet to use for your favorite medium game!
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-22-2013, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• PA_Allen
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

I'm really excited to see the results of the gel tests! The teaser pics are killing me.
                            Best,
                            PA_Allen

Comment

• Tedward
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2013

The sneak peaks look great. I like the spiral bound book so you can fold it open and let it lie there while you read. Much better than the small stapled Volume I Guide.

Great work!!

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2012

You know that seems like such a good idea...I may well go tomorrow or Monday and get my Volume one spiral bound with a clear cover on both ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X