LRRPF52's masterpiece!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one of my rucks modified by Logan Coffey himself back in 1997. Still have it. Need to take some pics of that old beast. It has SOP's sewn to it from 2 different Scout Platoons, LRS, and my own additions.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
      Cool Axe, any idea where I could get one?
      I did a little research when this was originally posted. Sounds like a great tool.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Bought mine on sale from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Council-Tool-V...+tool+velvicut

I just kept watching and when it went on sale from a Prime Shipper at $124.99 I bought.

My ruck has two loops that look like they were designed for holding it.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
          Cool Axe, any idea where I could get one? Hows it attached to your Ruck? Did you have the Ruck Modified? I had mine Mod'd by Tactical Tailor back in 09 and then decided to buy a Mystery Ranch instead.
          Mystery Ranch makes great stuff. I may upgrade to one eventually.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by RakkasanDad View Post
            Looks great!! What kind of brake or flashhider is on it?
            Standard AA birdcage.

Comment

• bluebird
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2013

Awesome!!

Comment

• pianoman9701
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

That's a beautiful AR. Nice job.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

This was one of my favorite 20" AR15 configurations to work on and shoot.

Everything is balanced nicely with the Magpul ACS, and this rifle shoots amazingly well, to the point that ringing the IPSC flagger at 700yds at Boomershoot was boring.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Texas
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2016

WOW! First of all, very well done pictures, secondly, outstanding rifle, thirdly, and certainly not leastly, 1911 is the piece de resistance.

Comment

• Frank45
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2016

Wow! I'd like to try my hand at some cerakoting. I'd never hope that it would turn out that good though. Very nice.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        Hey! I wish my guns looked like that! I don't seem to have the time to ever do it though?

I think something's wrong with it, so I'm gonna need it back to get to the bottom of it. Fill that rucksack up with some test ammo, and we'll get 'er straightened out....
                        Yeah good call, quality and reliability are paramount. That cerakote can build up, can take a while to "correct" it..

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          The ATF has made these "rulings" without any judicial oversight. They are not part of the legislative branch, and they have their own court system. If they want to steal your assets, charge you, etc., it doesn't matter what any of the merits of the case are, as they are an unchecked continuing criminal enterprise.

They also strong-arm FFL dealers into being Confidential Informants for them, in exchange for being "allowed" to continue their business and not be arrested on trumped up charges. Dealing with the ATF is a double-edged sword that can turn on you with the simple change of a SAIC or lower manager in your Federal Region, and none of the Federal Regions are on the same sheet of music. They regularly ignore Firearms Technology Branch in D.C., and most SAIC's are totally ignorant of FTB anyway, since none of them are gun guys. The SAICs are political appointees exercising the will of the Attorney General in most cases.

In this climate, we have an Attorney General who is a criminal himself, who ordered multiple programs to allow weapons to be sold to straw-purchasers for the cartels.

During the Clinton years, the AG ordered ATF to systematically go after FFL's in Idaho after Ruby Ridge, which they did. The facts don't matter, only ATF court matters, and if you're in ATF court, you will lose. It's a double-edged sword, dealing with ATF. One moment you think they're your friends, then a new SAIC comes in, and your FFL is revoked. They've done it for simple reasons like saying that your 4473's are out of alphabetical order.

Following the ATF's extrajudical "rulings" may or may not protect you. In the long run, they will shut most FFL's down, only for another batch to start up and repeat the process. Licking the boots of the ATF can buy you some time, but they are criminals at the end of the day, so you can't trust a dog that is known to bite.

There are assumptions being made about the Grendel in the OP, that are way off base, with regard to being sent in the mail, profit, chain of custody, etc., but keep accusing people of crimes on behalf of the ATF. It's good to see where people stand on these issues.

One thing I have found useful is a post history, when determining why someone would defecate all over a thread. That feature will explain right away why it was done in this one.
                          Thanks for clarifying all the extraneous matters good to know. And I'm off to look for that feature
                          Don't you love assumptions!?

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                            Ridgerider,

As I stated earlier, we are done discussing the ATF in my thread.
                            BjornF16.. EXACTLY​ what I was thinking!!!
                            Sorry, not trying to kick up the dust again.. hadn't gotten that far yet.. great looking "package" there. That para mdl there might be the first .45 I ever shot kinda sentimental. One of my fav. Edged tools is a gemtor crash or emergency egress hatchet. They are pretty versitile and handles rated to like 20kv. It's surprisingly​ easy to chop with although I like having two BOB's and a traditional axe/hatchet as well.

Can't wait to post pics of my new litter of babies!

On a side note I'm rethinking selling my REX/JUKI sewing machine, that RUC is making me jealous! And I may never be able to afford one the way I spend.. and I'm fiarly persnickety about function and layout and durability and all that good stuff.
                            Last edited by bwaites; 04-01-2017, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

It still shoots! Today with Hornady Black.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2016

Nice! Man I can't wait for my first! Ya'all are so lucky!

Comment

Working...
                                X