• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waveslayer
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by lilharcher View Post
    Got a note from Mark today stating that the new PF Brake should be ready in 2 weeks......i hope that is the case because his new brake design is sharp and has the design to be very effective.
    Is there a link to Check out the new Brake?

Comment

• Sputnik
      Warrior
      • May 2013

It is in a thread near the bottom of page two of: 6.5 Grendel ARs and Other Semi-Autos

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Before you buy Smith Enterprises, you might want to check out this thread at snipershide.

I won't be buying their stuff again.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by cory View Post
          Before you buy Smith Enterprises, you might want to check out this thread at snipershide.

I won't be buying their stuff again.
          Thanks for the link…. guess it is time to find another flash hider. Now, anyone know how well the PF flash hider performs?

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

I've never done a night fire test, but it looks great on my bull barrel.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
              Warrior
              • Apr 2011

NOTICE TO THOSE WHO ORDERED SUPER MATCH GRENDEL BOLTS:

We are running out of the first batch of Super Match Extractors for the Grendel Super Match Bolts. Our next batch will be in about 2 weeks. We have plenty of Phalanx (Black Nitride) extractors. For those who ordered Super Match bolts and wanting their bolts faster and don't care about getting the Extractors in Nickel Boron, then please email me at pf15@pf15.com and let us know and we will get them out. Again these are Super Match bolts with Phalanx extractors. I don't see any performance issues at all mixing these.

THANKS for your Consideration.

Mark Hostetter
              Precision Firearms
              pf15@pf15.com
              "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• mperry1945
                Unwashed
                • Oct 2012

Received one of Mark's Stainless Steel LMD's (5/8x24) with my 24" Krieger bull barrel. It is a beauty and high quality piece of work. I need to index the device and have ruled out a crush washer (the black doesn't work with the stainless steel) so I purchased a set of PWS stainless steel shims. The problem I ran into is the shims are for a standard barrel and when indexed you are left with a ugly gap (the shim's outer ring doesn't match up with the barrel and all you see is a gap). Does anyone know of shims that will work with a .920 muzzle or have a better idea.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

My gunsmith ground and tapered one of my brakes, to get it timed and matched to the barrel profile. A real thing of beauty. It cost me $45, but it looks like it was made for the barrel.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• mperry1945
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2012

Thanks NugginFutz. Mark has already taken care of the brake and barrel taper but it is the indexing I have to figure out.

Comment

• tallhorse89

You can use a piece of sandpaper and just sand off however much you need to till it indexes correctly.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tallhorse89 View Post
                        You can use a piece of sandpaper and just sand off however much you need to till it indexes correctly.
                        Please don't do this. These brakes are machined with absolute True center line. Using sandpaper will probably cause a slight tilt to the back of the brake, shifting the centerline in relation to bore. Shims are the way to go. I wish we could find shims that fit better.

Mark Hostetter
                        Precision Firearms
                        "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• GMinor
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2013

I looked a long time ago for a .920 peel washer and found something real close. Gotta search far and wide, or find a good smith who will time it for you.

Or, you could get a brake that doesn't need timing.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mperry1945 View Post
                            Thanks NugginFutz. Mark has already taken care of the brake and barrel taper but it is the indexing I have to figure out.
                            NP - I was referring to the timing, though, when I said he ground it. Technically, he milled a specific amount off the barrel side of the brake, which allowed it to be correctly timed and torqued. IIRC, he milled it, first, and then tapered the brake to match the OD of the barrel.
                            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Received Barrel and BCG bolt combo from PF. Barrel looks good. Will have to install the barrel this weekend.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-18-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• 62flint
                                Bloodstained
                                • Mar 2012

Plug for Mark and precision firearms.
                                I own 3 of Marks rifles, 2 223rem and one Grendel. They all shoot very well. My Grendel and one 223 both have lilja barrels. The both shoot one hole at 100 yards. I couldn't be happier with workmanship, quality of build or most important accuracy. His rifles will do just what he says they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X