Multi-Gun Training/Fun Comp September 18-20 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1,596 mi, 23 hours 11 mins

But I couldn't come right now even if it was here.... Unemployment sucks rocks. So does being over 50 and looking for IT work.

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Ok - the boss says I may go. So, approximately when, and what can we anticipate for range/training fees?
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Y85
        Warrior
        • Sep 2012

Interested -- timing may be an issue. What's the nearest commercial airport?

Comment

Provo and Salt Lake are the nearest airports, with SLC having more commercial traffic. SLC is at least 2.5 hours drive to Price. From Provo airport, it's 1:45 to the range.

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Is there adequate lodging, restaurants, gas stations etc. ? It helps to plan ahead.

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
              Is there adequate lodging, restaurants, gas stations etc. ? It helps to plan ahead.
              Here, let me Google that for you.

Price is pretty remote, but is a major stop on Hwy 6. To serve travelers, there are more services than a town of 9,000 might otherwise have. There's plenty to choose from.

It's difficult to commit without knowing the precise dates. I have a high level of interest, though.
              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• montana
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                Here, let me Google that for you.

Price is pretty remote, but is a major stop on Hwy 6. To serve travelers, there are more services than a town of 9,000 might otherwise have. There's plenty to choose from.

It's difficult to commit without knowing the precise dates. I have a high level of interest, though.
                That was easy, thanks a bunch

Comment

I just wanted to gauge serious interest. I think it would be prudent to give at least 6 months advance notification of exact dates to allow people to make necessary arrangements. I think late summer/early fall would be the most realistic and earliest possibility looking at North Spring's schedule.

For the complete event, Training plus Competition, I'm thinking easily under $500 per head as a rough estimate before working out my detailed logistics, so you all don't panic over training costs. I have run my DM Course for 1/3 of what it should cost because I don't have to drive far to get there.

For just the competition, it should be around $90 plus the $7 range fee. You folks are going to flip when you see this facility, really.

Comment

Would love to get some people organized here in Central Texas.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                      I just wanted to gauge serious interest. I think it would be prudent to give at least 6 months advance notification of exact dates to allow people to make necessary arrangements. I think late summer/early fall would be the most realistic and earliest possibility looking at North Spring's schedule.

For the complete event, Training plus Competition, I'm thinking easily under $500 per head as a rough estimate before working out my detailed logistics, so you all don't panic over training costs. I have run my DM Course for 1/3 of what it should cost because I don't have to drive far to get there.

For just the competition, it should be around $90 plus the $7 range fee. You folks are going to flip when you see this facility, really.
                      All of that seems quite reasonable, LRRPF52. As stated above, I'm in. Just name the date early enough so I can schedule the time off. Now - what to wear (besides SPF50)? I wonder how those Booney Caps are coming along....
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Ok, so looking at the North Springs Range calendar, I'm seeing the following weekends available, and I'm working with Range Management to put a tack on some of them.

July 26th
                        Aug 16th
                        Aug 30th
                        Sep 6th
                        Sep 20th
                        Oct 4th
                        Oct 11th
                        Oct 18th

I'm thinking Aug or September will be best. What say ye all?

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

My vote would be for Sept.
                          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• montana
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2011

September works for me.

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Rode Trip

Utah Trip.jpg

I'm not real interested in flying with or shipping multiple guns then shipping Ammo. Not to mention the small fortune that'll cost. I'd much rather drive. I figure a 24hr drive with 3 to 4 people with 6 - 8 hours shifts won't be to bad. Hit me up if you're interested.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Buster
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cory View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4597[/ATTACH]

I'm not real interested in flying with or shipping multiple guns then shipping Ammo. Not to mention the small fortune that'll cost. I'd much rather drive. I figure a 24hr drive with 3 to 4 people with 6 - 8 hours shifts won't be to bad. Hit me up if you're interested.
                                I'll share driving chores with ya..

Comment

Working...
                                X