• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMinor
    Warrior
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    This thing will have optics on it as a primary aiming means.
    This should not have to be explained.

Personally, I am excited for a semi auto DTA. I just wish the HMFIC would give me the go ahead to spend some of my $$$ on a DTA with a few caliber conversions.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

I thought it had a forward ejection system, but it looks like a spent case is ejecting normally on the picture where it is being fired.
      You mean this picture?

My understanding is that the fired case is being ejected forward from the short tube on what looks like an ejection port cover.

I wonder if 6.5 Grendel is one of the five planned chamberings?

Comment

• explorecaves

I thought it had a forward ejection system, but it looks like a spent case is ejecting normally on the picture where it is being fired. Sights have to be tall enough for a sight picture off a cheek weld, but they are back-up sights anyway.

This thing will have optics on it as a primary aiming means.

It looks like it ejects out of the ejection port in a forward direction through the hole in the ejection port...

Comment

• babue
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

I thought from the picture that the brass will be pushed or thrown through that tube forward. It will be interesting to see how this develops. I could see one of those with a couple of different caliber kits sitting next to my FS2000. If they did a 7.62x39 it would make doing a Grendel an easy caliber to add. If there are going to be 5 caliber conversions that fit the action size there should be room for a Grendel unless they go 6.8 SPC. How about 5.56 - 300 Blackout - 7.62x39 - 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC.
          What else might they possibly chose??

Comment

Those 5 are my bets also.

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by babue View Post
              If there are going to be 5 caliber conversions that fit the action size there should be room for a Grendel unless they go 6.8 SPC. How about 5.56 - 300 Blackout - 7.62x39 - 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC.
              What else might they possibly chose??
              I think those are the five most likely options. Or maybe substitute 5.45x39 for .300 Blackout?

Comment

• babue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                I think those are the five most likely options. Or maybe substitute 5.45x39 for .300 Blackout?
                For 5.45x39, one stroke of the pen and no more imports of ammo. The 5.45x39 would be dead and gone. The 300 Blackout is getting a lot of press and push, so it would make the cut. It would seem pretty simple for Wolf to make cheap 300 Blackout ammo but it seemed like steel case Grendel would not be so long in coming either.

Comment

• m796rider
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2011

The photo shows a .308-sized magazine, so most likely .308, .260. 6.5 Creedmoor, etc, will be in the caliber mix. There has also been talk of a 10.5" version and a 30 round magazine, so DT may have something like the Colt 901 that allows 5.56-sized mags to work as well.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
                    The photo shows a .308-sized magazine, so most likely .308, .260. 6.5 Creedmoor, etc, will be in the caliber mix. There has also been talk of a 10.5" version and a 30 round magazine, so DT may have something like the Colt 901 that allows 5.56-sized mags to work as well.
                    Those are all high MV and "Precision" calibers. They don't make sense in a bull pup CQB type weapon system. I'm with babue on this one.
                    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• GMinor
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2013

Winner winner

Comment

• GMinor
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2013

At least that's what I heard from my inside source.

Comment

• babue
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

( Quote Originally Posted by m796rider View Post
                          The photo shows a .308-sized magazine, so most likely .308, .260. 6.5 Creedmoor, etc, will be in the caliber mix. There has also been talk of a 10.5" version and a 30 round magazine, so DT may have something like the Colt 901 that allows 5.56-sized mags to work as well.)

Originally posted by GMinor View Post
                          Winner winner
                          That would certainly be interesting. If they intend to keep the overall length short like a Bullpup you will be using a barrel that is to short to get the most out of those .308 size rounds This is one of the few new gun things I am looking forward to see what the full story is.

Comment

• GMinor
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by babue View Post
                            ( Quote Originally Posted by m796rider View Post
                            The photo shows a .308-sized magazine, so most likely .308, .260. 6.5 Creedmoor, etc, will be in the caliber mix. There has also been talk of a 10.5" version and a 30 round magazine, so DT may have something like the Colt 901 that allows 5.56-sized mags to work as well.)

That would certainly be interesting. If they intend to keep the overall length short like a Bullpup you will be using a barrel that is to short to get the most out of those .308 size rounds This is one of the few new gun things I am looking forward to see what the full story is.
                            26" barrel brother. 26". That is MORE than enough to push a good .308 pill WAY down range. DT is advertising 26" barrel, 5 conversions, 30 round mags.

Comment

• babue
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by GMinor View Post
                              26" barrel brother. 26". That is MORE than enough to push a good .308 pill WAY down range. DT is advertising 26" barrel, 5 conversions, 30 round mags.
                              Just looked again. I took it to mean 26" overall length. Less than a week away. I hope there is some video of the range day, really want to see how it runs.

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

The photo shows a .308-sized magazine, so most likely .308, .260. 6.5 Creedmoor, etc, will be in the caliber mix.
                                Not sure how you determined the MDR in the photo has a .308-sized magazine. I think you're mistaken, primarily because the calibers you mention are rather incompatible with the 10.5-inch barrel option.
                                Originally posted by GMinor
                                26" barrel brother. 26". That is MORE than enough to push a good .308 pill WAY down range. DT is advertising 26" barrel...
                                Uh, not exactly. Try 16.5" barrel, 26" overall length.

overall length of 26″ (or 20″ with 10.5″ barrel)..."

Comment

Working...
                                X