• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Underground Tactical View Post
    We are currently in production of those. And will be offering them soon.
    Can you let me know how someone can buy a bolt? Your site doesn't offer any under accessories so not sure where they are in your site. All I see ate the tree guns and Swag.
    guns, tactical arms, firearms, bacon maker, baller, death dealer, bullets, weapons, suppressed, quiet weapon, suppressor, sub-sonic ammunition, silencer, 6.5 grendel, grendel, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 39, 6.8 spc, 6.8spc, 6.8 spc II, 458 socom saami, 458 socom, 300 blackout, 300 aac blackout, 6.5 grendel barrel, baconmaker, underground tactical, underground tactical arms, underground arms, Alexander arms, dpms, lwrc, larue, larue tactical, rick perry, gov. rick perry, noveske, ar15, ar-15, m15, ar10, ar-10, sr25, spikes tactical, integral suppressed, suppressor, 308, 5.56, .223, armor, body armor, plate carrier, armor plate

Also, can you post the OAL of the bolt? Some are 2.800 and want to know if your are like that or 2.810.

Comment

• Underground Tactical
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
      Can you let me know how someone can buy a bolt? Your site doesn't offer any under accessories so not sure where they are in your site. All I see ate the tree guns and Swag.
      guns, tactical arms, firearms, bacon maker, baller, death dealer, bullets, weapons, suppressed, quiet weapon, suppressor, sub-sonic ammunition, silencer, 6.5 grendel, grendel, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 39, 6.8 spc, 6.8spc, 6.8 spc II, 458 socom saami, 458 socom, 300 blackout, 300 aac blackout, 6.5 grendel barrel, baconmaker, underground tactical, underground tactical arms, underground arms, Alexander arms, dpms, lwrc, larue, larue tactical, rick perry, gov. rick perry, noveske, ar15, ar-15, m15, ar10, ar-10, sr25, spikes tactical, integral suppressed, suppressor, 308, 5.56, .223, armor, body armor, plate carrier, armor plate

Also, can you post the OAL of the bolt? Some are 2.800 and want to know if your are like that or 2.810.
      As soon as we finish our current obligations of bolt orders we will post the bolts, in various calibers, on our website. It will be soon.

Our OAL for the 6.5 Grendel bolt is 2.810.
      Last edited by Underground Tactical; 01-26-2014, 10:49 PM.
      Underground Tactical Arms
      Austin, Texas
      www.undergroundtactical.com
      www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Comment

• Sputnik
        Warrior
        • May 2013

Hey Guy's, spoke to Mark. Precision Firearms' new PF Gas Block is ready, awaiting posting on the site, but its description is really cool and tough looking. It will have 5 diagonal grooves, and vent holes to aid cooling. The one I have on my Neptune V has 3 slanted grooves, and that adds some class up front. Also the Brakes are going to be ready soon, and I am expecting notice in about week that the Coating will be done on the Maxim bolts and ready to ship. All three items good news for Liberty builders, whether the bolt is used as primary or backup. I may swap mine out and use the PF Maxim as the primary.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Underground Tactical View Post
          As soon as we finish our current obligations of bolt orders we will post the bolts, in various calibers, on our website. It will be soon.

Our OAL for the 6.5 Grendel bolt is 2.810.
          Glad to hear both, availability and dimension.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Comment

• Sputnik
            Warrior
            • May 2013

This email from Lindsey at Satern was received today for Liberty group buy persons and MAY also pertain to Midway AR Stoner buyers as well. I'd send Satern an email:

"I talked to Deb and she said that they will be posting a message on our website regarding everything that has been going on with the Grendel barrels that were recently sent out, so please keep your eyes on our site. However, because we have determined that our chambers and reamers are within SAAMI specs, and these are not defective barrels, we will not be issuing return shipment labels. We will adjust the throat free of charge for customers who would like the adjustment. I will add you to our list, and once that message is posted, I will be able to start receiving barrels from our customers. Let me know if you have any further concerns. Thanks."

Comment

• lilharcher
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

Great new on the PF brake.

Comment

• Sputnik
                Warrior
                • May 2013

Originally posted by aclark View Post
                I just received a call from Lindsey about my bolt. I sent it back and they confirmed that the tail stuck out too far and attributed it probably to a too strong of a spring. They are replacing it with their Underground Tactical bolt with appropriate clearances. Since I sent my barrel in with the bolt, they scraped the barrel (lands I think) to perform their adaptation to fix that issue. Sending it back now! Awesome Customer Service! Indications are that they will offer two different versions of chambers to barrel buys in the future. Their standard version and the scraped version. All is good in Grendel land!

Thanks again to aclark for posting my picture.

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                  I just received a call from Lindsey about my bolt. I sent it back and they confirmed that the tail stuck out too far and attributed it probably to a too strong of a spring. They are replacing it with their Underground Tactical bolt with appropriate clearances. Since I sent my barrel in with the bolt, they scraped the barrel (lands I think) to perform their adaptation to fix that issue. Sending it back now! Awesome Customer Service! Indications are that they will offer two different versions of chambers to barrel buys in the future. Their standard version and the scraped version. All is good in Grendel land!

Thanks again to aclark for posting my picture.

Glad to see you are getting one of our bolts!
                  Underground Tactical Arms
                  Austin, Texas
                  www.undergroundtactical.com
                  www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Comment

• Sputnik
                    Warrior
                    • May 2013

FINALLY DONE!

After all the noise:

1. With my tight fitting bolt and raised tail end of the extractor attributed to a too short of a extractor retaining pin and/or to a too strong spring; on a bolt make by Maxim, but extractors assembled by Satern. The fix was to replace the bolt with one of the too short out-of-spec bolts. That was fixed when they scRAPED my barrel and again replaced the bolt. I use that bolt as a backup and put a PF match carrier and NiB bolt in the AA forged upper.

2. As you may notice, I like wood. Stock and fore arm are from Body's gunstocks and the grip from his brother Clem's company down the street that makes/sell Lucid wood furniture. I like their grip best.

3. The lower is a economical lite weight New Frontier polymer with a mako grip on the mag well for good looks.

4. The scope is a low end NC Star that gives it the right look, but will not provide nail driving accuracy especially without a free floating system.

5. Muzzle Break is PF's Newly developed 200 series 9/16X24 brake; that comes with shims and looks so cool; especially with the Stainless contrast to the barrel which I used air dry Cerakote with fabulous results.

6. In the end, this is lite weight; and is so much fun to shoot and fits so nicely while pulling to the shoulder and cheek. Initial shooting at 100 yds and 200 yds, I feel I am close to 1.5 MOA with 123gr SST and some loads CFE 223 and AR Comp very close if not better than 123gr SST Factory ammo. More testing needed, but pleased with what I got, considering.

Last edited by Sputnik; 03-29-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• haustinv
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2013

Got to say I haven't been a fan of wood on an AR but that's sure one beauty. Glad it shoot's good for you too.

Comment

Working...
                      X