X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Thanks for all the input- where is RS?= He is too busy . He will be online soon. Tuesday.

Comment

I finally got a few minutes to check things out and this thread has exploded with interest!! Glad to see that, the more interest in the pill, the better chance hornady will get going on it. Glad to hear the uplifting news from LR52, and that S1 will be contacting them as well. Hopefully Ill get to try the 70 gr pill out this week. Thanks for everyones interest. Thanks to u as well S1 and LR52 for the legwork. Hope this comes to fruition.

Richard

Comment

I did speak with Hornady at SHOT, and they have been looking at a GMX for the Grendel. They said the materials needs to be tweaked for optimum minimum expansion for the Grendel.

I think it would make a cool factory premium Hornady loaded box ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          Yeah, you are using a .260 Rem, not a Grrr.
          Oh y'all might get me yet.

I love my 7 lb 260 but it's a bit long sometimes.... I always seem to find an unfilled niche.

You see I have this 5 lb bare SU-16 that I bought years ago with the 65g in mind and a duplicate one that will stay in 5.56. Can't think of a better jungle deer rifle than one 6 lbs.... with the exception of the same rifle with a composite bullpup shell wrapped around it and 27 inches long .

Here's and old pic of the bucks to be laid up onto. The project got put on hold or I'd have one for the Kel-Tecs.

10-22 - Mini-30 - -06 BAR - 12 GA - 300WSM A-Bolt
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2014, 12:56 AM. Reason: Had to dig up a pic from the desktop

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

We are plowing forward on the gmx- in 3 diff. wts. 85-95-105gr. This should cover most hunters needs across the USA- for med. sized game. I hopefully will find a portal, in which we all can share our thoughts, ideas. More as follows.

Foot!, wrong place to post this stock , for sale. Dang Kiddz!
            Last edited by sneaky one; 01-27-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• dmsims21
              Warrior
              • Nov 2012

Hornady should be able to get the material right for expansion. I was just looking through the Hornady catalog and they have a MonoFlex bullet for lever guns. It is a GMX with the FlexTip. They show a 140gr, 30cal bullet expanded pretty well at 1852fps.
              www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Yeah, I have a few here, same pills-.308 cal.== I cut those down to 100-105 class , to run thru the Shorty 40 @ 2455 fps.= Awesome expansion thru the H2o jugs, @ 50 yds.

I am sure the mono blend was tweaked to open at optimal low speeds also. They ended up @ a very short oal. in the mag.

The 30-30 was the focus on that 140 bullet-maybe at 2400-2500 fps.

So it should be easy for me to help them dial the Gmx in =we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                X