8 point down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 point down

Finally got one with the 6.5. 123 gr SST factory load from a mere 45 yds did the job. Complete pass through, very little blood, ran about 50 yds. Weighed 170 lbs
    Attached Files
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dvrod18 View Post
    Finally got one with the 6.5. 123 gr SST factory load from a mere 45 yds did the job. Complete pass through, very little blood, ran about 50 yds. Weighed 170 lbs
    Nicely done!

Comment

• rockytoprj
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2013

Congrats, well done. Looks like the little guy is happy also.

Comment

• customcutter

Nice! Glad your son is interested in the sport with you.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

dvrod, nice deer. What state is this from?

Comment

nice buck, congrates

Comment

Great job! Disappointed to hear about lack of blood...that's why I built a Grendel...to get bigger wounds and more blood deer hunting with AR's...shot many deer with a .223 65 grain game king and 62 grain Barnes ttsx..rarely pass through so you gotta be good and accurate on the heart and lungs...never lost one but I built my Grendel to have a better chance of pass through and more blood/bigger wounds...hope the Grendel does not disappoint next season.

Comment

• Michael
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2012

Well done sir. Wish gun season was still going in VA.
                  I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                  - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                    Great job! Disappointed to hear about lack of blood...that's why I built a Grendel...to get bigger wounds and more blood deer hunting with AR's...shot many deer with a .223 65 grain game king and 62 grain Barnes ttsx..rarely pass through so you gotta be good and accurate on the heart and lungs...never lost one but I built my Grendel to have a better chance of pass through and more blood/bigger wounds...hope the Grendel does not disappoint next season.
                    the Grendel should pass through on broadside shots. I did hit the deer a little higher than I wanted, I'll blame it on having to shoot left handed, that being said he ran no further than most of the deer I have shot with larger calibers, just less blood. Based on this experience I would say a heart/low lung shot broadside would leave a sufficient blood trail. I was fortunate enough to hear the deer crash, and have some day light left. I trailed him 20-30 yards mostly by hoof prints with only a few drops of blood. I then abandoned the blood trail where he left the food plot and walked towards where I heard him crash, luckily for me he was right where I thought he would be.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                      dvrod, nice deer. What state is this from?
                      Mississippi

Comment

Working...
                      X